We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleFinancial Control managerOverview
The Accounting Manager reports to the Assistant Corporate Controller and is responsible for establishing and maintaining a best-in-class controllership for a strategically important Mastercard business. The Cenurion Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing all areas of the business, implementing any operational changes and delivering measurable improvements. The Accounting Manager possesses strong leadership skills to build and engage teams to optimize and transform the current structure while utilizing their technical skillset to establish and, where necessary, enhance processes and internal controls. A key part of the role is to be able to influence positive change through dialogue partnership with finance and business partners, regional and business unit controllerships, and the GBSC (Global Business Service Center). The Accounting Manager also ensures finance compliance with Denmark's regulatory requirements.
• Advise on accounting related matters on business transactions and accounting/ regulatory standards, including but not limited to revenue recognition, software capitalization and impairment reviews
• Ensure controls are properly inplemented and operating effectively while under Nets TSA for controllership functions
• Simultaneously transform TSA environment to build and maintain standardized controllership processes to enable risk-based approaches around the review and analysis of the business unit's activity; ensuring processes are sustainable for future growth of the business gobally
• Ensure other controllership functions are properly integrated with Mastercard, including areas such as billing, journal entries, reconciliations, etc. and design processes and controls over these areas prior to the completion of integration
• Influence change through strong, collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to Business and Finance Partners, Peers, Products and Services business partners, Regional Controllers, GBSC, third party vendors
• Identify opportunities to implement automated solutions to streamline processes
• Partner with the finance operations team to ensure front-end and back-end controls are implemented to mitigate key risks
• Ensure compliance activities are performed, as needed (e.g.. Mastercard policies, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and Operational Risk Management (ORM)) and communicate potential exposures
• Interface with external auditors regarding the application of generally accepted accounting principles on certain transactions and matters
• Coordination with Mastercard Treasury for material banking activity
• Oversee and ensure compliance with statutory financial reporting requirements; including supporting the CFO and Legal team in in monitoring and reporting compliance with DNB oversight
• Support other audits as required (e.g. ISAE3000 audit)
• Periodic review of processes to ensure operationally mitigating risks based on design and the evolution of business processes
• Support the management of intercompany arrangements, where required, in partnership with the GBSC and Tax, as applicable
All About You
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
• CA, CPA or its equivalent
• Dynamic transformational roie requiring an individual with strong communication and leadership skills, with an emphasis on financial and business acumen
• Experience assessing the effectiveness and oversight of operational and financial control implementation; ensures compliance within a diverse organization
• Experience delivering presentations and engaging with senior leadership
• Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Process-minded change agent, with strong knowledge of internal controls, ability and experience to assess and design effective operational and financial controls
• Successfully drive and integrate change and cultivate a continuous improvement culture
• Confident and poised Influencer who uses analytical and leadership skills to achieve goals
• Must be able to integrate knowledge across disciplines and demonstrate effective leadership with relationship development skills
• Experience of regulated environments preferred
• Market and industry knowledge a strong plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website