We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead, Database Engineer, Exadata"Overview
• Responsible for defining and maintaining the data architecture and associated data maintenance, integration and load processes for the organization for the Exadata's
• Leads initiatives to build and maintain database technologies, environments, and applications, seeking opportunities for improvements and efficiencies on the Exadatas
• Architects internal data solutions as part of the full stack of Infrastructure
• Manages the deployment of database solutions that are optimally standardized and database updates to meet project deliverables
• Leads database infrastructure security posture, which includes proactively identifying security risks and implementing both risk mitigation plans and control functions
• Oversees the resolution of chronic complex problems to prevent future database performance issues
• Supports process improvement efforts to identify and test opportunities for automation and/or reduction in time to deployment
• Responsible for complex design, development, and performance and system testing, and provides functional guidance, advice to experienced database administrators
• Mentors junior staff by providing training to develop technical skills and capabilities across the team
• Experience leading a major work stream or multiple smaller work streams for a large domain initiative, often providing technical guidance and advice to project team members
• Experience creating deliverables within the global database technology domains and sub-domains, supporting cross-functional leaders in the technical community to derive new solutions
• Experience supporting automation and/or cloud delivery effort; may perform financial and cost analysis
• Experience in database architecture or other relevant IT experience, with knowledge across multiple Mastercard product lines
• Experience in leading business system application and database architecture design, influencing technology direction in range of breadth of IT areas
• Experience developing a specialization in a particular functional area (e.g., replication, performance tuning, logical and physical database design, performance and troubleshooting, data replication, backup and recovery, and data security)"
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website