We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleManager, Software Development Engineering in TestMastercard Strategic Growth is creating social impact in space of Financial Inclusion, Economic Development, Performing Future of Work using Data. We are creating platforms at scale that will help small business grow, help analyse investments in distressed communities, help provide workers with portable benefits and enable governments, non-government organizations and the social sector to leverage data capabilities globally.
• The platform teams are dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, and highly efficient co-located individuals. There are multiple teams as spread over (Pune) India and (New York) USA.
• Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, architects, project managers and product owners.
• The team is cross-functional, and follows the agile SAFE methods to deliver the work
This is a SDET Manager position for strategic growth program, based out of Pune. This is a very strong position that offers full ownership quality deliveries of the applications. As a manager you will be accountable and responsible for this application from all aspects related to customer commitments, release quality, release processes, application health and performance along with team/stakeholder management and other day to day operations.
As part of this role you will:
• Work closely with Product, Program, Technology & operations teams to understand business needs
• Multitask and be able to work with project teams, release teams, business owners and other stakeholders distributed across geographies
• Motivate and work closely with the scrum team for their day to delivery
• Understand the challenges that team is facing and help them address, be it related to stakeholders, process, quality, operations, delivery etc
• Capacity planning and PI planning for the team
• Ensure that customer quality commitments are met on time
• Lead and drive the process, quality and application health related initiatives
• Manage the career development of the team, coach and mentor the team members
• Analyze code review reports and development quality to make sure best practices are being followed
• Develops/monitors quality gating and automation strategy for a given project looking at code coverage and API vs UI level functionality
• Possesses a strong knowledge of programming, tools, architecture patterns, and BDD
• Ensures Performance and Scalability for applications and platforms
• Provides strategic support related to specific applications and systems; leads adoption of quality engineering practices across various delivery teams
• Drives quality engineering, exploratory testing, and test automation covering all key practice areas
• Leads QA standards, processes, tools and methodologies; partners with other functions to communicate testing requirements , provides strategic thinking for improvement efforts and supports software releases
• Communicates need for operational resiliency; oversees scalability and performance engineering strategies into solutions
• Identifies bottlenecks in time-to-market; creates and implements improvement efforts
• Defines DevOps and performance environment needs and develops schedules for ongoing performance testing activities
• Oversees the identification and implementation of complex DevOps and automation efforts
• Formally supervises and coaches a group/team, and is responsible for business execution of goals and objectives
• Helps identify and coach top talent within own teams (includes direct reports and second-line reports)
• Ensures own team(s) compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal processes;
• Formally supervises, coaches, and develops a work group/team; provides coaching and guidance to own team
• Successfully led small to large-scale software development, testing, and performance analysis across multiple groups
• Experience gathering and relationship building with internal/external teams and clients
• Experience engaging external IT vendors, including managing vendor selection and maintenance of vendor relations
• Experience leading cross-browser and cross-device testing strategies
• Demonstrated expertise in test automation for Web and Mobile applications using latest tools and techniques
• Demonstrated expertise in reviewing BDD/TDD practices, analyses, test frameworks, and management tools
• Demonstrated thought-leadership and organizational expertise in various IT disciplines; experience relationship building across large-scale organizations
• Extensive experience with overseeing testing processes, methodologies and tools
• Experience defining QA standards, test plans, processes, tools and methodologies
• Successfully scoped automation and improvement efforts
• Experience leading global projects across multiple locations, functions, and applications
• Demonstrated ability to authorize high-level and/or complex decisions within the function
• Experience providing regular feedback to team members and resolving performance issues
• Experience hiring, supervising and coaching a team to serve complex client accounts
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website