We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead Software EngineerJob Lead Software Engineer
You will work as part of a development team within our Cyber and Intelligence program. We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented engineer with strong leadership and communication skills. If you want to be part of the team building software to prevent fraud and working on cutting edge technology, then this is the job for you.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will:
• Develop Java based applications using Spring boot and Micro-Services architecture in Cloud based environment
• Lead the team of engineers in delivery of applications/services and provide development and architecture guidance to others
• Work closely with product owners and architects to drive design solutions and take the solutions to the team for implementation
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency with automations
• Drive blameless postmortems culture to identify root causes of incidents and implement learnings
• Writes code to build and enhances applications/services and promotes code-reviews, code scanning, and other standard development practices to deliver high-quality artifacts to production.
• Has skills to undertake a technical review of code across applications and their dependencies to look for anti-patterns and promote continuous refactoring
• Understands system architecture to plan for platform and infrastructure capacity (e.g., database, compute, network, storage) and drives the dependency prioritization to reduce the delivery lead time
Education and skills:
• Degree in Computer Science or related applicable experience
• Advanced skills and knowledge of Spring and developing Microservices
• Cloud Development experience – PCF, AWS, Azure
• Web Services – REST/XML.
• Experience leading and/or mentoring technical personnel
• Self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction
• Excellent communication skills with strong Agile knowledge.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website