Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleManager, Area MarketingOverview
• Enjoy a fast paced, start-up culture?
• Work great in a team and great on your own?
• Have a track record of experiential marketing, storytelling, and creative project management?
Mastercard is looking for a highly creative, passionate and experienced Marketing Manager to provide creative thinking, content development, strategic amplification, and collaborative solutioning. Part of the Labs Marketing team, this individual will support overall creation, narrative alignment, event support, product collateral development and project management of content for Mastercard Experience Centers (MECs) and the broader Labs organization. You will play a key, highly-visible role in telling Mastercard's innovation story, by weaving together products, services and case studies into compelling narratives and thought leadership and then promoting this messaging across key channels. You must be able to communicate and collaborate with senior executives, product managers, local business leads, cross-functional partners, vendors, and more.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include constantly building proof points for our innovation narrative, in both the short and long-term. You'll help build a strategic plan and iterate to ensure Labs and MEC content is fresh. You will partner with communications, events, and product teams to align narratives, secure assets, ensure approval and drive awareness of final deliverables.
The right person for this position will demonstrate a high level of creative problem-solving, a strong marketing background, an ability to manage change, to thrive under pressure, a focus on execution, details and organization, and have the ability to operate globally and locally. This person must also be able to interface and collaborate with seniors members of the organization and manage agency/vendor collaboration.
• Manage content development, own content pipeline and calendars, serving as the primary contact for product owners, regional leads, subject matter experts within Labs and across Mastercard
• Content marketing leader—provide competitive insights, trends, new ideas, and recommendations to constantly raise the bar
• Consensus builder – work approvals with key stakeholders
• Collaborate with peers across Mastercard Labs to leverage content for key initiatives as well as spot opportunities to amplify content internally and externally in new channels
• Develop and analyze metrics to evaluate impact and effectiveness of content
• Create and coordinate an internal MEC communications plan to drive engagement within Mastercard. Be an ambassador for Mastercard Labs to the larger organization.
All About You
• Extensive marketing strategy experience, project management, problem solving and planning skills with a demonstrated record of success managing multiple projects simultaneously, is required
• Strong presence, interpersonal skills, independence, internal drive and ability to proactively identify opportunities and develop strategies to execute and amplify
• Demonstrated experience in a broad range of disciplines, ideally including content management systems/technologies, marketing, conferences/trade shows, agency management, emerging technologies and trends
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates strong self-awareness, open to different approaches and ideas and open to challenging status quo to drive new business results
• MBA or other advanced degree in strategy, marketing, communications, innovation, entrepreneurship or other related field a plus
• Mastercard brand, product, or organizational knowledge a plus
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website