We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleManager, BizOpsOur Purpose
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard Payment Services is on a transition journey as a newly acquired part of Mastercard. We are looking to expand our growing BizOps team for Mastercard's Nordic operations and are looking for an experienced Service Readiness professional to join our Protect Team.
This role is an important part of the transition journey towards Mastercard integration. As a member of the Protect Team you will conduct service readiness activities, aimed at preventing production issues for our programs, assist with risk analyses and drive risk acceptance processes and play a pivotal role in the validation of operational acceptance testing.
The role of business operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform by managing, mitigating, and building awareness of the business risk of all customer interactions with Mastercard's technology platforms. We accomplish this by linking every technology recommendation with a business value, continuously monitoring platform health indicators, and elevating awareness when one of our main objectives is at risk. A business operations engineer will ensure operational criteria like system availability, capacity, performance, monitoring, self-healing, and deployment automation are implemented throughout the delivery process. Business Operations plays a key role in leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change and standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations.
You can click the link below for more information about BizOps:
• Tracking and validating readiness activities for service migrations
• Release risk analysis and communication of risk to senior management
• Participation in implementation roadmap and capacity planning for the platform.
• Ensuring appropriate logging is implemented with the platform as part of the release readiness process
• Validation of operational acceptance testing efforts
• Liaise with development teams and test strategists to ensure rightsized test coverage across platforms and services
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
• Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience with Operational readiness/Quality gating processes preferably from a migration project
• CSSLP or knowledge of SDLC, requirement analysis, design, new development, testing, implementation and support
• Experience of Operational Acceptance Testing
• Capacity and Performance management experience
• Working knowledge of ITSM Practices
• Ability to work with a team of developers, testers in the creation of a solid, integrated solution
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
• Industry experience within financial sector and/or working with products operating in a heavily regulated environment
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website