Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleManager, China CRMOverview
We are currently looking for a Manager, Customer Risk Management (CRM) based in Beijing or Shanghai.
The primary responsibility of the Risk Manager is to ensure customer risk for a given market is appropriately identified, monitored and managed in accordance with Mastercard's policies & procedures, and risk appetite framework. The role also involves partnering with Mastercard's Corporate Treasury and Settlement Operations teams to assist in the growth of Mastercard's settlement footprint throughout the country. In addition, the incumbent of the role will work as needed with the Regulatory Affairs team in engaging with central bank and other regulators within the country.
Mastercard has approximately $47B in credit exposure to financial institutions and other counterparties worldwide, placing the CRM role as a key part of its evolving and quickly growing business model. The magnitude and strategic nature of this exposure necessitates periodic engagement with senior management, Mastercard's sales and product organizations as well as our customers. This further provides great opportunities to grow your career within Mastercard.
The primary responsibility is to ensure customer risk for assigned markets is appropriately identified, monitored and managed in accordance with Mastercard's policies & procedures and risk appetite framework. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Act as the point of contact for all CRM-related matters
- Implement risk policies and procedures to minimize exposure and drive the credit management infrastructure and proper controls while supporting the business´ initiatives
- Provides data analysis and strategy execution across risk areas, leveraging an understanding of risk and regulation
- Drives preparations for Audit Committee meetings, including the creation of content and analysis
- Supports cross-functional initiatives to deliver on risk goals, policies and procedures
- Develops and manages risk processes, including identifying and implementing best practices, which may include the development of alternative risk mitigation schemes, and ensuring all processes are documented, reviewed and updated regularly
- Manages and supports data analysis, reporting and collateral management as credit underwriters
- Prepares external reporting and oversees internal reporting
- Oversees the credit exposure management infrastructure by updating and maintaining existing systems; coordinates access and reports.
The role also requires:
- Understanding of the business, and partnering with relevant stakeholders to design innovative approaches to cater to varying customer business models;
- Leading discussions on collateral and other risk mitigants with both account managers and customers;
- Performing customer credit risk underwriting analysis, making credit decisions and/or advancing for senior management approval;
- Partnering with other regional CRM teams to ensure 24x7 global customer risk exposure monitoring, and participating in decision process when action needs to be taken to block growth in exposure;
- Supporting managing through impacts of customer failures including portfolio transfers and license termination;
- Coordinating application process of new customers to ensure onboarding in a timely manner;
The role also consists in acting as a representative of Treasury for the region for settlement-related topics and regulatory requests:
- Prioritization of PRC settlement initiatives;
- Identify potential partners, and negotiate settlement contracts to support expansion of Mastercard's settlement footprint;
- Develop engagement model with key regulators within the region, alongside the Regulatory Affairs team; respond to regulatory enquiries as appropriate;
All About You
• Postgraduate degree in business or equivalent;
• Experience in credit risk assessment, financial statements analysis is a prerequisite; experience in / knowledge of the banking sector and knowledge of the China payments regulation landscape are a strong plus;
• Risk mindset: ability to think outside the box and identify potential sources of risk;
• Problem solving: ability to develop innovative solutions to manage/ address credit risk;
• Outstanding written and verbal English and Mandarin communication skills;
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills, including at the very senior management levels;
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint user;
• Crisis management: ability to work through a crisis, make tough recommendations with imperfect information;
• Positive attitude, strong work-ethic and good sense of humor
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website