Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleManager, Product Development and InnovationOverview
MasterCard Cyber & Innovation Solutions (C&I) team develops and delivers world-class risk, security products and services for MasterCard customers across the globe. As part of this organization, the Fraud Intelligence & Strategy Team (FIS) is responsible for:
• The fraud reporting platform
• Providing Fraud analytics and insights to Mastercard and its worldwide customers
• Developing new products to help all participants in the payment system prevent fraud
• Maintenance and development of existing and new fraud prevention and monitoring data driven products/services
The Manager of Fraud Insights will be a key contributor in helping Mastercard develop and deliver actionable insights and products to help issuers, acquirers and merchants reduce fraud. Specifically the Manager will:
• Actively develop new analytical dashboards to provide fraud information and benchmarks internally and externally.
• Continue to improve the fraud measurement methodologies and processes to increase accuracy.
All About You
The Manager of Fraud Insights (based in Purchase, NY) will be a key player in helping Mastercard extract value from existing data sources in order to better understand, detect and prevent fraud.
• In this role, you will have an opportunity to use your data science expertise and skills to analyze worldwide fraud data to gain insights regarding fraud.
• You will develop compelling analytical dashboards to communicate trends and insights, drive revenue and help the organization make better decisions.
• You will help build and manage new fraud related products and services that will provide value to our customers and increase revenue.
• Demonstrated expertise at developing analytical dashboards using QlikSense, Tableau, and similar products. Able to turn data into insights.
Designing the most effective charts/views to present information for clarity and proper understanding.
Experience preparing presentations for management/clients that present insights clearly and efficiently.
• Proven experience analyzing large amounts of data to identify trends and gain insights from it.
Experience with statistical analyses tools (e.g., Python, R, SAS)
Record of accomplishment in learning and applying new techniques and data analysis languages.
Experience with Python and Spark for data manipulation desired.
• Experience working with big-data database platforms to manipulate and extract information for analysis (e.g., Hadoop, Netezza, Oracle).
Experience writing complex queries to efficiently extract and manipulate large amounts of data.
Ability to efficiently manipulate large amounts of data to conduct analysis.
Experience using Hadoop clusters desired.
• Comfortable working with multiple languages and operative systems.
Familiarity and experience with UNIX highly desired.
• Subject matter expertise in payments, cards, and /or fraud or proven ability to learn and master new subject matter areas.
• Creativity and Innovation
Ability to think outside the box and constantly strive for more accurate and efficient ways to perform tasks.
Experience developing new products/services.
Ability to combine knowledge across multiple disciplines to solve problems.
• Strong organizational skills and motivation
Proven ability to develop and execute work plans and work independently towards aggressive goals and milestones.
Ability to multi-task and make progress towards multiple tasks in parallel.
• Strong communication and collaboration
Ability to clearly articulate results of analyses, in writing and verbally, and to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
Excellent inter-personal skills, able to work with colleagues remotely as well as in –person.
• Degree in quantitative discipline preferred (e.g., Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Decision Science or Engineering).
• Strong Interest and course-work (or demonstrated track record) in data analysis and/or visualization.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website