Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleManager, Project ManagementBusiness Manager, Manager
Solutions Design and Architecture (SD&A) provide Technical, Architectural and Requirements leadership for the suite of Products that VocaLink sell within the UK and Internationally.
Business Management facilitate and support SD&A, by managing and reporting on the high profile changes passing through SD&A, as well as managing day to day support for SD&A.
This is a high profile role that will involve providing leadership to senior stakeholders across the Product development and Customer engagement areas, as well as interaction with Senior Executives for approvals and sign-offs
Business Manager are responsible for ensuring SD&A meets all of its commitments to the wider business and MasterCard by:-
• O&T Co-ordination -
Providing a single entry and co-ordination point through the Solution Design & Architecture team for all new business sales and new product development opportunities requiring O&T support and input
• Pre-Sales Support –
Providing support to the Head of Pre-Sales being the central co-ordination and control point for the Cross Functional Team(s) through the solution design and estimation stage of the bid process in alignment with the overall bid plan.
• Financials –
Embedding strong financial management, process and controls across SD&A BAU cost centre(s) - developing, monitoring and maintaining financial oversight of departmental cost centres and SD&A budgets in plan.
• Reporting –
Preparing and delivering MI via reports for the management team ensuring visibility of progress and enabling informed decisions & discussions to ensure that the team remains on track to meet financial and SD&A targets.
• Pipeline planning –
Ensuring clear definition, planning and delivery of all significant change and opportunities assigned into the SD&A Team. Ensuring alignment, effective planning, governance and control across the various Bid and SDLC stages.
• Compliance –
Monitoring and reporting departmental compliance and performance statistics against mandatory training, BCP, company policies and divisional process and procedures to ensure the SD&A team remain in governance and effective.
• Resourcing –
Leading discussions with VocaLink Project/Programme and Senior SD&A Managers to ensure resource demand and supply alignment. Monitoring associated resource utilisation statistics and forecasts.
Effective demand & supply management - headcount & resource, manpower planning & recruitment.
Providing SME support and guidance to the SD&A Management team on all recruitment matters. Management of recruitment process against manpower plan and demand
• Stakeholder Engagement –
Maintaining key stakeholder relationships across SD&A, HR, Finance, Risk and EPO to ensure integrated processes and alignment with context across COO.
• Risks / Issues –
Management of SD&A operational level risks, issues and change through the application of best practice strategies and controls.
• Communications –
Managing team communication strategy, planning and control (inclusive of GRID site oversight and maintenance).
All about You
• Self-starter with the ability to work under high levels of pressure on short, high profile, end date driven activities
• Experience of working in a formal Project Management environment.
• Stakeholder management up to and including O&T and Business EVP level.
• Exceptional organisational skills
• Familiar with methodologies e.g. Agile & Waterfall and be proficient in these applications:-
• Effective at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, and developing an approach to interacting with the situation.
• Needs to keep overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not be deflected by matters of detail.
• Effective in the application of relevant industry and process standards to all tasks undertaken.
• Must take initiative to ensure technical skills and specialisations are kept up to date in line with industry developments and ensure that all relevant skill sets are current.
• Effective in anticipating and understanding customer expectations, and ensure customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed. Able to build partner relationships with customers, and focus on solving their problems.
• Able to develop effective relationships with all VocaLink and client staff, and be recognised as providing a supporting role.
• Able to balance the financial, quality, people and customer expectation related risks.
• Effective communication skills suitable for the management of and liaison with departmental staff and senior management, both on a one to one and one to many basis. Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with subordinates, colleagues, clients and customers including producing reports, preparing, organising and delivering presentations using appropriate tools and techniques, and taking a leading role in meetings and discussions.
• Effective at determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems. Must manage the field of responsibility within allocated budgets, and be able to plan and forecast future budgets based on business priorities.
• Aware of VocaLink strategies, policies and procedures. Aware of how the organisation operates.
• Effective in contributing effectively towards the objectives of a team, and be able to share knowledge, ideas and information. Aware of the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions. Effective at managing people and can adopt an appropriate style to foster good team working.
• Able to solve problems in a measured and creative way. Capable of independently assessing a wide variety of tasks, and be proactive in relation to identifying and undertaking activities that are to the benefit of the business. Able to balance long and short term objectives, and understand business value. Be responsible for own decisions.
• Act in a professional manner, and exhibit the required behaviour that should act as an example to other employees. Needs to delegate tasks, responsibilities and authorities effectively. Effective at identifying goals and objectives, and motivating and leading others towards their achievement. Able to network throughout the business community.
• Undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management and client requests. Must be prepared to meet business goals and respond well to change.
• At least 7 years project management experience, in a role that requires involvement and understanding of project managing business initiatives including the introduction of new business processes to support these initiatives.
• Aware of industry and professional standards.
• Extensive experience in organisation wide initiatives and change management.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website