We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleMastercard Launch Graduate Program - Data Analytics, HungaryWho are Mastercard?
Mastercard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment. Mastercard is a driving force at the heart of commerce, enabling global transactions and bringing insight into the payments process to make commerce faster, more secure, and more valuable to everyone involved. As a critical link among financial institutions and millions of businesses, cardholders and merchants worldwide, Mastercard provides services in more than 210 countries and territories. You find more information on www.mastercardworldwide.com.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented graduates, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
There are some skills you can teach. And some you can inspire. Mastercard Launch gives recent graduates both—immersing emerging talent in an 18-month journey where they will challenge the status quo, engage in meaningful and practical sessions, drive Decency and Belonging, our mission to be a Force for Good and be the ultimate catalyst for personal and professional growth. The Launch program is for change makers, those who dare to be greater and who wish to make a real impact on the world. We invite you to bring your passion, share your talent and make the most of this truly Priceless experience.
What it is
A permanent opportunity but dedicated to an 18-month program that educates, inspires personal growth, and builds professional confidence to create a Priceless career with Mastercard. Launch will include development opportunities such as:
• Professional skills learning
• Business-driven rotations or experiences
• Networking and career conversations
• A capstone final project
You will have the opportunity to work with your peers on various business projects which aim to provide enhanced work experience outside of your day-to-day role.
You will work with our dedicated leaders–successful managers and executives who inspire, mentor, and coach others toward successful careers here at Mastercard.
Make an Impact as an Associate Consultant:
As an Associate Consultant, you will collaborate with exceptional colleagues to help some of the world's biggest brands answer their most challenging strategic questions. Working with technology and data, you will gain broad exposure to a range of industries, including financial services, retail, restaurants, hospitality and more. While working in close-knit teams, you will partner closely with senior stakeholders and be given real responsibility to make an impact for your clients from day one. In this setting, you will learn quickly and gain exposure to diverse business issues, gaining the experience required to lead key client engagements.
Early in your career, you will have the opportunity to build a broader set of skills and master a wider array of content, before you ‘major' in any one product. This will inject more flexibility into your career path and at the same time make for a more engaging journey.
As an Associate Consultant specialising in Data Analytics, you will:
• Generate key hypotheses and independently structure work at the work stream or project level
• Deliver advanced Analytics projects by collaborating with global teams and clients
• Synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations; take responsibility for structuring and writing reports and client ready presentations from a work stream or project level.
• Collect and synthesize feedback from clients, project delivery analysts, and sales teams for new solutions or product enhancements. Provide design specifications, functional and technical requirements for development of new products and solutions.
• Data mining, model development, time series analysis, forecasting. Exposure to Risk strategy, Credit Line strategy, credit card life cycle (Acquisition, Customer Engagement, Fraud)
• Build behavioral scorecards for target marketing and risk management solutions using econometric and statistical modeling techniques
• Create highly predictive models using segmentation and regression techniques to drive profits
• Knowledge of metrics, measurements, and benchmarking to complex and demanding solutions across multiple industry verticals
• Review analytics end-products to ensure accuracy, quality and timeliness.
• Proactively seek new knowledge and structures project work to facilitate the capture of Intellectual Capital with minimal oversight
• Develop effective working relationships with local and global teams including business partners Proactively seeks new knowledge and structures project work to facilitate the capture of Intellectual Capital with minimal oversight
What you'll need
• Final year or graduated since Sept 2021
• Minimum predicted classification of a UK 2.1 or equivalent GPA of 3.0
• Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
• An understanding of hands-on business analysis, segmentation and modeling, Advanced Analytical frameworks for solving business problems
• Knowledge and experience with Hadoop, Python, R, SAS, MS-Excel and PowerPoint
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website