We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleNetwork Engineer IIOverview
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big
and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven
technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn
experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
In this role, the senior network engineer:
* Configures, tests, and deploys physical and virtual network equipment on-premise and in Azure
* Resolves hardware and connectivity problems as they arise, escalating issues within the team when appropriate
* Performs on-site engineering for escalated issues and installation/support of network equipment
* Interacts with telco providers to resolve issues and install new circuits
* May manage small initiatives and assist with planning of larger projects
* Coordinates with other teams to plan, execute, and support change/maintenance windows for infrastructure systems
* Participates in the change management process: creating, reviewing, implementing, and validating changes
* Monitors and manages network infrastructure to ensure security, availability, recoverability, performance, and supportability.
* Stays current with new technologies, evaluating and recommending new technical solutions that support business needs
* Responds to alerts overnight/weekends as part of on-call rotation
The ideal candidate has:
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Demonstrated listening skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member
* Enthusiasm for learning how systems work and investigating technical solutions to problems
* Proven the ability self-manage incoming workflow and prioritize competing tasks
Extensive experience with:
* Configuring/updating/implementing routine changes on Cisco switches (NEXUS and Catalyst)
* Troubleshooting networking issues:
* for systems running Windows, VMWare, or Kubernetes/Docker
* in AWS, including ALBs, ELBs, NLBs, Transit Gateways, and Gateway Load Balancers
* Using packet captures, logs, and enterprise SIEM monitoring tools such as:
* Azure Log Analytics Workspaces / Sentinel
* NetScout (Infinistream/nGeniusOne)
* Infoblox NetMRI
* Paessler PRTG Network Monitor
* Plixer Scrutinizer
* Configuring/managing/troubleshooting firewalls from at least one of the following vendors:
* Cisco (ASA/AnyConnect/SDWAN)
* Palo Alto (PanOS/Panorama/Prisma/GlobalProtect)
* Check Point
Additional qualifications (not required):
* Vendor certification, such as:
* Cisco CCNA/CCNE
* Check Point CCSA/CCSE
* Palo Alto PCCET/PCNSA/PCNSE
* Familiarity with scripting tools such as git, Terraform, Powershell, Python
* Experience configuring or troubleshooting:
* Dell EMC chassis servers with modular networking
* F5 load balancers / web application firewalls
* Netscaler / Citrix hardware and networking
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website