We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleProduct Management (Relaunch Your Career)Product Management (Relaunch Your Career)
This role is part of Mastercard's Relaunch Your Career program. This is a 16-week paid placement that helps people who have had a career break return to work. You will have the chance to be part of a dynamic team, lead engaging projects, plus receive on-the-job training and coaching and support. At the end of the paid placement, there is a potential for you to be hired in a permanent role. This position is at the mid-career level.
This role is part of the Core Products Team. This team is responsible for the strategy setting, product development and management of consumer and commercial cards, as well as new payment products.
This role will be a key member of the team and will be accountable for the Mastercard consumer debit products and the expanding set of buy now pay later (BNPL) products across Australia and New Zealand.
• Are you able to drive collaboration across cross-functional teams?
• Are you able to leave the traditional thinking behind and lead the business down a new path?
• Specifically, this role will require the ability to work independently, deliver thought-leadership, nurture interpersonal relationships / influencing skills, and lead with strong product management capabilities.
• Execute the strategy and manage the product suite for BNPL and Debit in the division, via engagement with both the external customers and the internal cross-functional partners
• Collect and refine market needs and feedback into regional teams to ensure product road maps encompass requirements of Australia and New Zealand
• Ensure consistent principles and optimal outcomes for the product set, customers and consumers
• Lead engagements with external parties and internal teams regarding the evolution of debit via extended use cases (P2P, B2C), product and commercial constructs
• Leverage Mastercard's large suite of services (loyalty, program management, processing, MDES etc) to provide clear improvements in product value and drive consumer preference
• Work across Account Sales, Product Delivery, Implementation, Digital Partnerships, Legal and Compliance and other teams to deliver solutions & support go to market plans
• Support of the in-market teams with the required best practices, product guides, tool kits, business modelling and subject matter expertise
• Embed Agile working methodology, Product Management Excellence and consumer insights in all product management activities
• Lead business case/requirements for the introduction of new products/features/functionalities/platforms, including P&L analysis.
What we offer to help you find your way as a Relauncher:
• A 16-week program, on a paid fixed-term contract
• Comprehensive learning resources to help you settle in and grow – from learning about our business, to workshops on presentations and networking, online learning and coaching from managers
• A structured ‘Getting Started' program
• An engaging and stimulating project to work on
• A career buddy assigned from day one
• A supportive manager equipped to help people return to work, with regular check-in sessions
• Depending on availability and our selection criteria, the chance to be hired for a permanent role
All About You
• Strong payments expertise in at least one of the following areas - transactional banking, debit card or BNPL
• Demonstrable experience of your payments expertise
• Solid understanding of competitive offering, industry trends and its constituents
• Exposure to or experience in FinTechs, specifically around building new payment solutions
• Strong communications and presentation skills, including the ability to work with people across a matrix organization at all levels
• Business experience with demonstrated success, related industries experience a benefit
• Negotiation skills, demonstrates the ability to influence and engage others under one common goal
• Possess excellent people interaction management skills
• Ability to undertake business travel (10%)
Relaunch Your Career is for People Who:
• Have taken a career break of around two years or more
• Are interested in returning to work on a permanent basis
• Have previous experience at mid-management level, ideally gained in technology, financial services and professional services organizations
• Are team players, collaborative, excellent relationship builders and influencers, great problem solvers and adaptable
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website