We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleProduct ManagerWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The UK product management team is looking for a Product Manager for Bacs service.
The Product Manager will drive our customer engagement with Bacs forward with an innovate and problem-solving mindset. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, analytical, intellectually curious, quick to learn, and passionate about exceeding customer expectations.
The role is to fully manage the Bacs product set end to end throughout the lifecycle including managing the client relationship. The Product Manager is individually responsible for all aspects of the Bacs product, delivering their objectives through effective leadership and leverage of the wider resources provided by the company.
The Product Manager role is client facing position responsible for:
• Leading the Bacs product relationship with Pay.UK
• Leading product strategy, innovation and roadmap
• Tracking our contract obligations and ensuring these are met
• Managing and driving Bacs product revenue
• Managing Bacs P&L and client financials
• Leading product change and maintenance programmes
• New Participant on-boardings
• Supporting contract change and extension discussions
All About You
Skills and experience required for this role are:
• B2B successful product management experience with P&L responsibility
• Strong analytical skills and financial literacy
• A proven track record in delivering new revenue streams through product planning, delivery and on-going management in a Financial Services organisation.
• Ability to plan and organise effectively and deliver to deadlines.
• An attention to detail, a ‘right first time' approach.
• Experience of engaging with external customers (in a sales or relationship management role)
• Experience of engaging with internal customers (e.g. IT, Operations finance and marketing)
• Able to communicate at all levels within the business, clearly and concisely
• The ability to build cross-functional relationships and to work, under pressure, with different teams.
• A good understanding of the UK Payments Market.
• An entrepreneurial spirit coupled with good negotiating skills.
• Ability to build and inspire virtual teams to achieve challenging objectives.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website