Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleSenior AccountantWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals and industries all around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
• Are you motivated to work in a team that provides global services?
• Do you like to simplify, standardize, and transform existing processes?
The Senior Accountant will provide excellent accounting services to Mastercard Worldwide as part of the Global Business Services Center (GBSC). The candidate will be responsible for delivering timely and accurate accounting services to our Mastercard Worldwide business unit(s) including the financial month-end close process for rebates and incentives, contract review and rebate and incentive payment validation and approval.
• Review executed contracts and create customers, deals and incentives in the Mastercard Contra Revenue System (CRS)
• Accomplish timely, accurate close of the CRS sub ledger and Oracle general ledger including creation and review of journal entries
• Identify and prepare manual journal entries through the analysis of close results, trends and actual to budget/forecast
• Prepare and review general ledger account reconciliations
• Perform detailed review of rebate and incentive payment requests including contract review and validation of driver data to various internal systems
• Provide overall support and customer service to business partners located throughout the Mastercard Worldwide organization
• Recommend, develop and implement process improvements to improve accounting operational efficiency, quality of output and optimize synergies
• Monitor performance indicators to track progress against goals
• Perform various ad-hoc reporting, analysis or projects, as needed
• Partner with financial systems regarding CRS requirements, data, reporting, and functionality
• Support SOX control compliance
• Other duties as required
All About You:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA or MBA, preferred
• Knowledge of US GAAP and current accounting concepts
• Prior revenue, contra revenue, and/or contract management experience, preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong customer service and business acumen
• Progressive accounting experience preferably in a large, global environment
• Ability to deliver accurate results in a fast-paced environment with attention to deadline constraints
• Robust understanding of financial/ERP systems, preferably direct experience with Oracle
• Prior experience in significant process improvements projects
• Organize and prioritize multiple activities among a team with a high sense of urgency
• Customer service oriented with the ability to communicate effectively and develop solid working relationships across multiple levels and organization boundaries
• Capable of working within a changing environment with excellent analytical, planning and organization skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website