We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Managing Consultant / Marketing DirectorSenior Managing Consultant, Advisors – Digital Marketing Focus
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow through strategic definitions and support, marketing implementations and deployment engagements. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting, marketing initiatives and implementation projects with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights. Centred on data-driven technologies, innovative marketing strategies and cutting-edge solutions, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing campaigns, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for talented marketing professionals, who share our passion for real and tangible impact through smart campaigns/projects execution. Join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as a Senior Managing Consultant / Marketing Director
As a Senior Managing Consultant, you will have the opportunity to lead marketing engagements with key clients of the region within the financial services industry across a range of different topics such as usage campaigns, launch of new products, communications strategies, among others.
This role is responsible for delivering marketing related projects. The role includes:
• Leading digital marketing projects and marketing solutions including data-driven digital campaigns, marketing automation, and card lifecycle management initiatives designed to address a wide range of business needs and customer challenges such as acquisition, launch, activation, usage, cross and up selling, retention and loyalty
• Project management activities and structuring of projects that cover our customers' needs with creative and effective marketing approaches
• Leveraging exceptional expertise in marketing, test & learn and data analytics
• Working with external marketing related partners with effective platforms, capabilities, expertise and innovative solutions that best support the growth of our business
• Building strong relationships with external customers and Mastercard internal stakeholders
• Applying best practices across countries
In supporting the problem-solving process to drive high-value decisions, you will work closely with team members of various levels and contribute to the firm's intellectual capital and solution development. At Mastercard, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients, but also have a leading role in shaping the organization's future.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality projects, results and recommendations to our clients
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
• Digital Marketing competencies: video, SEO, SEM, content marketing, among others
• Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, positioning Mastercard's solutions as high-value solutions in sales and delivery conversations.
• Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude.
• Commercial Orientation: Ability to identify strong opportunities to leverage Data & Services capabilities, including identification of cross-sell opportunities, and partner with broader Data & Services teammates on contracting activities.
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skill set or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
• Undergraduate or master's degree and intermediate work experience after completing your degree(s)
• Marketing experience with key focus in digital and data-driven marketing
• Experience directly managing teams across multiple workstreams, including brand agencies and external third parties
• Experience managing client relationships / senior leaders
• Exceptional quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
• Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with both junior- and senior-level client contacts
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required,
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs.
Would be a plus if you have:
• Experience in a consulting organization as a consultant
• Exposure to payments and / or retail banking or merchants
• Experience in Digital CX (customer experience)
• Experience managing innovative platforms/technologies
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website