We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Network EngineerWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
In this role, the senior network engineer:
Owns the network infrastructure monitoring and alerting systems:
- develops and reviews processes/procedures for responding to/resolving alerts
- creates and refines alerts to provide timely, actionable information to on-call team members
- ensures new network hardware/infrastructure is being monitored
- determines which metrics to collect (via SNMP and automated tools) to monitor and analyze
performance of network infrastructure
- works with team to identify and resolve gaps in monitoring/alerting
- builds dashboards and reporting to provide insight into network performance
Monitors and manages network infrastructure to ensure security, availability, recoverability, performance, and supportability.
May configure, test, and deploy new network equipment on-premise and in Azure
Resolves standard hardware and connectivity problems as they arise, escalating issues within the team when appropriate
Opens support tickets with telco providers to resolve circuit outages
Supports other teams during change/maintenance windows for infrastructure systems
Participates in the change management process: creating, reviewing, implementing, and validating changes
Works with US-based team members, which may sometimes require work hours to overlap with US team members
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated listening skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member
- Enthusiasm for learning how systems work and investigating technical solutions to problems
- Proven the ability self-manage incoming workflow and prioritize competing tasks with limited
- 3-5 years experience:
- Using and configuring enterprise SIEM monitoring tools such as:
- Azure Log Analytics Workspaces / Azure Sentinel
- NetScout (Infinistream/nGeniusOne)
- Infoblox NetMRI
- Paessler PRTG Network Monitor
- Plixer Scrutinizer
- SNMP, event log monitoring, setting up useful, specific alerts
- Troubleshooting performance issues in a complex environment with collected performance
- Implementing routine, approved changes on Cisco switches (NEXUS and Catalyst)
- Managing firewalls from one of the following vendors:
Palo Alto (PanOS/Panorama/Prisma/GlobalProtect)
Additional qualifications (not required):
- Experience with Azure networking (NSGs, load balancers, route tables)
- Scripting tools such as git, Terraform, Powershell, Python
- Cisco CCNA/CCNE
- Check Point CCSA/CCSE
- Palo Alto PCCET/PCNSA/PCNSE
Experience configuring or troubleshooting:
- Dell EMC chassis servers with modular networking
- F5 load balancers / web application firewalls
- Netscaler / Citrix hardware and networking
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website