We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Performance Test EngineerSenior Performance Test Engineer – Quality Engineering
The Quality Engineering – Testing Services team within MasterCard is all about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
This position will be responsible for driving best practices for performance testing within MasterCard. Work with teams to deliver applications and solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders, including consumers, merchants, issuers and governments.
• Coordinate and participate in requirements review and performance testing activities to ensure the quality and functionality of assigned MasterCard developed systems.
• Document performance test strategy and test plans covering environment, schedule, test data set up, testing techniques, and key SLA metrics keeping end-user requirements and customer experience in mind.
• Conduct manual and automated performance testing, manage performance defects, and troubleshoot performance issues covering platform hardware analysis, scalability, and application profiling (JVM, Databases, etc).
• Partner with operations, product, and development teams to develop real-time performance dashboards and provide periodic updates on application performance to all the stakeholders.
• Define and implement best practices for end-to-end application performance management solutions including Proof of Concepts and Tools evaluation and selection – specifically in the area of emerging technologies (Web, Mobile).
• Document problems, monitor resolutions and retain documentation necessary to share knowledge with performance engineering and application teams.
• Develop business and product knowledge over time and share such knowledge to mentor newer team members. This is not a management position; however, this position is expected to provide strong leadership to junior members of the staff.
• Adhere to and enforce consistent company and department testing standards and procedures.
All About You
• Ability to define performance test plans and roadmap, as well as partner with delivery teams to implement the strategy.
• Prior experience installing, configuring and using performance testing tools such as LoadRunner and JMeter, and performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk.
• Experience in Web/Mobile Application and Web Services (SOAP and REST APIs) scripting and performance testing.
• Ability to monitor and tune Java virtual machine and app servers; articulate JVM GC process and its logs; ability to collect performance metrics from *nix and Windows.
• Expertise of agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools such as RALLY, ALM, etc.
• Experience in building right performance environment data sets and use of data virtualization tools where required.
• Performance tuning experience with RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, etc) desirable.
• Self-motivated individual that finds and delivers solutions with ability to continuously learn new applications and technologies.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills - with the ability to lead multiple test paths simultaneously.
• Solid experience in the following tools - Loadrunner, JMeter, Splunk, Dynatrace, App Dynamics, Omniture
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website