We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Software Development EngineerWho is Mastercard?
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere, by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
MasterCard software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We're looking for talented software development engineers to develop advanced technologies and applications that are revolutionizing payments.
• Are you passionate about software engineering?
• Do you enjoy seeing the impact your code has on a wide range of customers?
• Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development?
• Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
• Do you want to join a Company that offers a competitive benefits-and rewards program that attracts, develops and retains the most talented employees around the world?
• Do you want to join an inclusive culture where employees, in all their diversity, feel valued, respected and who can bring their authentic selves to work? Learn more at Mastercard's Corporate Sustainability Report.
The Mastercard Builders' Tools team in Mastercard's Architecture & Technology division is leading the way to deliver a great experience for our developers around the globe. We are doing this by providing consistent and standardized tooling to support the software development lifecycle (SDLC), including software design, development, testing, and delivery. Builders' Tools make it easy to develop, test, and build software in any environment, providing the same experience for all software engineers across Mastercard.
As a Senior Engineer in Architecture and Technology organization, you are a key player in the team, and you will apply your broad knowledge in software engineering, automation and framework implementations with good understanding of delivery metrics to continuously improve upon them. We're bringing operational stability and resiliency to the existing toolset to Mastercard's software builders with services that are ''always-on'' and a software development lifecycle (SDLC) that ''just works''. As an internal program, the projects you lead will improve the productivity of Mastercard's global software engineering community with a focus on security and resiliency.
• Influence the development practices so that they are following Mastercard engineering principles and technology policies.
• Collaborate with team and business stakeholders to elaborate and estimate requirements (e.g., story pointing) and prioritize based on business value; understands work classification to determine software capitalization opportunities.
• Conduct product demos and co-ordinate with product owners to drive acceptance signoffs.
• Perform Technology Evaluations to cost-effectively meet the business and operational needs (e.g., ATAM: Architecture Tradeoff Analysis Method, CBAM: Cost-Benefit Analysis Method)
• Contribute to the strategies, design choices, and infrastructure necessary to build comprehensive believable, and achievable execution plans to deliver high-profile new features and capabilities for our customers
• Drive clarity into technical implementation by participating design discussion with the team
All About You:
• Execute and own the baseline architecture implementations and design activities collaborating with other Engineers & Engineering Team
• You operate with independence and autonomy.
• Experience in DevOps Tooling, CI/CD, and Infrastructure automation
• Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures and core computer science concepts
• Experience in working with fast paced, modern Architecture with good understanding of cloud technologies
• Strong communication skills, with an ability to express and design ideas to a development team
• Strong debugging skills to support Tier 1 applications and has experience in simplifying complex implementations
• Work to define feature requirements and deliver the product that materially impacts the business and improves the consumer experience.
• Identify performance bottlenecks and come up with novel ways to solve them.
• Design and implement scalable, resilient, high performance services.
• You have a track record of data driven decision-making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams.
• You can debate the delivery strategy with business teams, architects, engineers, and designers.
• You can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity.
• You thrive in an Agile environment focused on continuous improvement.
• BS in engineering, computer science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website