We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer-3Senior Software Engineer (Java), Payment Gateway Services
• This role is part of the Software Engineering Group within the Mastercard Payment Gateway Services division in Dublin, collaborating with internal and external customers across the globe. We offer merchants an omni-channel payment gateway with integrated services (encryption, currency conversion, risk management, etc.) which help them painlessly accept card and digital payments.
• As a senior member of the team you will be responsible for building commercial Java-based, distributed, highly available applications, where system performance is critical!
• Do you have retail payments/e-commerce industry experience and looking to try something new?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Have you mentored professionals of diverse skills and experience?
• Provide technical expertise for payment applications, which include secure, mission critical transaction processing systems.
• Collaborate with team members and internal stakeholders to ensure requirements meet customer needs.
• Produce innovative technical solutions to meet business and product strategies.
• Mentor and guide less experienced developers.
• Collaborate with Operations to ensure successful production deployment of software.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Experience developing large scale Java services and/or web user interfaces.
• Commercial experience with languages other than Java, particularly Python, Scala, Kotlin, Ruby, Groovy, C, or Objective-C.
• Familiarity with high availability distributed systems, SOA and RESTful messaging.
• Experience in Agile (Scrum) development.
• Proven experience working in a continuous integration environment and prefer collective code ownership.
• Ability to automate unit, integration and system tests.
• Knowledgeable about security concerns such as OWASP Top 10 and PCI DSS.
• Familiarity with APACS, ISO 8583, EMV or other card payment standards (desirable).
• Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
• Actively involved in your own professional development and skills growth
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website