Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleSenior Software Quality EngineerOverview
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
We build analytically intensive software on top of vast amounts of data served securely over the web to many of the world's largest organizations. At Mastercard, Software Quality Engineers work directly with software engineers in small teams and are deeply engaged throughout the entire development process. They are directly responsible for ensuring great products and analytics for our clients. Innovation is also a key facet in the role. SQ Engineers are expected to never settle for the status quo in how Mastercard approaches its testing challenges and always look for ways to accelerate or improve the testing tactics taken.
As a member of the Mastercard Intelligence team you will bring your experience testing a state of the art web application that puts big data at the fingertips of financial institutions and merchants. You will play a vital role within a rapidly growing firm, working closely with experienced and driven engineers to solve challenges that arise in rapidly scaling product utilizing complex datasets.
• Ensure that calculations are correct in all possible circumstances
• Lead testing of large, complex, high-quality features with minimal oversight
• Test in a cloud-based environment
• Manage and coordinate large testing and release efforts with continuous delivery
• Test and validate solutions operating on terabyte-scale data
• Develop, maintain, and enhance automated testing processes
• Ensure an intuitive user experience which can drive value for users of any mathematical or business background
• Innovate and continually learn and work with new technologies
• Invest in personal growth and take on team responsibilities
• Own release management for your team
• Innovate on code and database deployment methods
All About You
• Prior experience as a QA engineer, Software Engineer in Test, Test Automation engineer, Developer or related occupation, leveraging software QA tools and processes.
• Prior experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI testing, Automated testing, Test driven development strategies etc.
• Experience in Agile framework, unit testing libraries/framework (.Net Framework preferred), UI Automation Tool (Selenium), code management tool (Git), deployment tools (Jenkins)
• Experience in the area of cloud-based testing is a plus
• Experience in building testing environments is a plus
• Understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Experience in designing and implementing automated testing infrastructure.
• Knowledge of relational database in respect to maintain quality throughout data pipelines.
• Splunk (desirable)
• Highly motivated professional with excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Individuals who are curious, creative, and love open-ended problems
• Demonstrated analytical / quantitative aptitude
• Team first attitude, dedicated to team success
• Keen sense of prioritization and ability to time
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website