We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleBusiness Development Specialist (Payments)Please note that this is 18 months Maternity Cover with the potential to be extended or converted to a permanent role.
Your role in 30 secs:
Grow and develop Mastercard's Czech and Slovak business by closely working with account managers and product teams to deepen the cooperation Mastercard has with existing customers by tapping into new opportunities and finding new partners to grow and diversify our business.
Build on the strong existing products and business relationships we have to drive innovations by launching new products, adopting business models, and help build new service revenue streams to underscore Mastercard's thought- and service leadership in digital payments.
You are part of a curious, diverse, and dynamic team consisting of account managers, business development, product managers, marketing, technical experts, and consultants and will report to the Business Development Head, CEE.
• Co-develop and execute our core products and digitization strategy in Czechia and Slovakia for consumer and business segment in cooperation with country management, account teams, and product teams
• Be entrepreneurial and open-minded when exploring new opportunities in the market by finding new partners or offering new services
• Lead strategic projects and be a pioneer in the area of product development, product differentiation, and innovation. Drive new services and assets with a focus on Premium and SME segments.
• Work with the account teams to build exciting customer pitches including defining the value proposition, business case, and overall storyline
• Be part of the team and serve our customers by keeping strong relationships and good cooperation with internal stakeholders and customers alike to deliver on our business targets
• Follow up and be tenacious
All About You
• Interest and passion for payments, banking, financial services, e-commerce, and all things digital. Ideally picked up in previous relevant jobs or in a consulting environment with at least 3 years working experience
• Ingenuity, curiosity, agility, creativity, and a real team player attitude
• Willingness to learn, develop and get involved and roll up your sleeves
• Business acumen with the ability to create and communicate solutions that meet real customer needs – excellent command of the relevant business tools such as Excel and PowerPoint
• Strategic thinking and outstanding communication skills on all levels
• Fluent English and Czech, more languages are optional
• Ability to effectively work and build relationships in a multicultural matrix organization
• A good sense of humor paired with a strong work ethic and ambition to “make a difference”
• And yes, an MBA or Master or Bachelor degree
• You will be based in Prague, Czechia with occasional traveling required
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website