Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleSenior Specialist, Fraud IntelligenceFraud Intelligence & Reduction Solutions Team (FIRST)
The Fraud Intelligence and Reduction Solutions team is responsible for SAFE, MasterCard's central repository of fraudulent transactions, and is in charge of fraud analytics, tasked with understanding fraud trends/patterns and propose, develop, implement and track effectiveness of solutions to mitigate the identified risk. As such, the team manages strategic initiatives and key projects, as well as MasterCard's customer fraud feedback process through our Global Fraud Advisory Council (GFAC). The team also is responsible to ensure continuity and consistency in message between the GFAC and our regional councils, which are managed by the Customer Security & Risk Services team.
This role is responsible for:
• Assisting with data pulls and development of reports/dashboards to support fraud analyses and development of fraud reduction solutions
• Assisting with the analysis and investigation of fraud data and overall payment system integrity reporting requests to understand fraud patterns and support analysis needs for the development of proposals to prevent, detect, reduce or recover fraud losses.
• Supporting the development of tools and methodologies to proactively identify new fraud trends, as new payment transaction types and new technologies are introduced and gain momentum, and with the education of various stakeholders on the meaning of the identified fraud trends and recommendations
• Assisting with the evaluation of new software and tools to enhance the look and feel of fraud reports. Researching and staying current on advances in technology to identify internal opportunities for improvement
• Writing basic documentation (e.g., business continuity)
• Managing small project/initiatives as an experienced individual contributor with specialized knowledge in the fraud analyses and fraud reporting space
• 1-2 years of experience in the payment card industry and/or fraud/risk experience preferred
• Basic knowledge of SAS, SQL tools (e.g., Oracle), Unix platforms, MSBI, or Webfocus, preferred
• MS Office expert
• Degree in quantitative discipline preferred (ex. Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering)
• A self-motivated team player who is able to adjust and work in a fast-paced environment
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website