We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Specialist, Product StrategyWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Products & Innovation (P&I) is responsible for developing and managing the key differentiating products and solutions that Mastercard delivers to its customers. The individual will be expected to work closely with the product team on product development in understanding new business opportunities. Some of the responsibilities include analysis, planning, coordinating and documentation and low-level project management.
The ideal candidate must be open to ambiguous and open-ended problem statements around which they will analyze and assess, eventually providing the necessary information to support the Director in arriving at a solution that contributes to a business outcome.
• Assist in developing, formulating and communicating P&I strategies and objectives which align to mastercard's corporate strategy
• Support significant collaboration & influence across internal mastercard teams
• Effectively collaborate, communicate and socialize to drive the creation and implementation of a cohesive P&I strategy
• Identify, evaluate and prioritize products to establish and enhance the proposed product strategy
• Assist in setting up long-term, contracted product partnerships to accelerate product distribution and/or capabilities
• Coordinate internal and external resources needed for the development and execution of the strategy
• Involved in strategic thinking and searches for prioritized P&I M&A
• Support communications of strategic recommendation to drive alignment across P&I, regionally and globally
• Observe market trends and evolutions, monitor organization's performance against targets and evaluates potential issues in order to implement action plans
• Provide strategic analysis and support discussions amongst P&I that lead to innovative and improved decision making
All About You
• Intermediate understanding in translating market intelligence into useful solutions
• Experience in data analytics converting quantitative data into tactical strategy
• Knowledge of financial services and/or payment industry preferred
• Ability to navigate various stakeholders and organizational complexity
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website