Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleStrategic Merchant RM -SAThe IMK Merchant Development group's mission is to develop and strengthen MasterCard's Enterprise level proposition across key industries: retail, digital, airlines and T&E across the broader spectrum of merchants (from SMEs to strategic) in close collaboration with the IMK regional teams.
The key areas of responsibilities for the overall group are business development across the industry verticals and building/ deepening relationship with the Strategic merchants. The Business expansion support will focus on deploying initiatives identified as being high priority in delivering MEA and MasterCard (MC) goals, including:
• Development of scalable value propositions across retail, travel and other merchants to drive revenues by leveraging on the product team, expert sales, Advisors etc.
• Deepening relationships with key global merchants by building a holistic engagement (leveraging across MasterCard assets including payments, innovation, loyalty, gateway , fraud screening, Advisory services such as, APT, data insights, managed services, launch pad etc.)
• End to End ownership of accounts such as Rogers's group, Spar Intl, Woolworths, SAA, Edcon & Foschini (SA and neighboring countries). The Strategic Merchant RM will be responsible to strengthen MasterCard positioning with the set of pre-defined merchants
• Ensure on going Account business planning for the set of Merchants.
• Develop financial modelling and business cases for identified opportunities
• Identify and analyze new opportunities within the assigned set of accounts and assist in the development of end to end solutions from both a technical and business perspective. Leverage in-depth knowledge of Strategic merchant solutions and payment eco-systems. Dependent on merchant need and geographic presence.
• Act as a key influencer/thought leader in regulatory discussions and industry bodies, e.g. Reserve Bank, industry conferences, retailer forums etc.
• Project sponsor initiatives – from concept through to implementation including the commercials, solution creation, contracts, project and stakeholder management.
• Responsible for reviews of the overall performance of the defined group of key merchants.
• Responsible for all administrative and operational issues for the target customer set
• This person will take on responsibility for competitive monitoring and value chain analysis, liaising with the product teams to develop sales toolkits and other content and material, as well as providing key input into strategy and product development.
• Demonstrable experience of business development with retailers with a strong understanding on financial services
• Full understanding of payment and information flows along the merchant value chain
• Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, structured self-starter
• Effective interpersonal skills in a highly matrixed organization
• Strong presentation and sales skills – results orientation
• Research and analytical skills
• Ability to manage timelines and tasks with team members
• Team player, with good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to constantly update skills and knowledge base in a rapidly evolving industry
• Networking skills – industry level networking via events, social networks - digital payments and contents industry
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website