We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleVice President, Business Unit Risk Manager - Products & InnovationOverview
Products and Innovation (P&I) explores new technology and trends to develop and deliver the best experiences with the highest levels of safety and security. The organization spans across global product areas – consumer credit and debit, commercial, prepaid, acceptance, real-time payment, and processing solutions.
The Vice President, Business Unit Risk Manager is responsible for the ongoing independent oversight and challenge of day-to-day risk management within the P&I organization. As a consultative partner within the 2nd line risk function, this role will support the 1st line of defense through the business owners in maintaining their risk awareness, detection and assessment. In addition, you will ensure effective processes and systems to capture risk reporting, including maintenance and continuous improvement of internal controls and documented procedures.
• Ensure the assessment, monitoring and reporting on risks inherent to business activities, including strategic, operational, financial, and legal/regulatory
• Provide support to the business on key risk assessment activities and develop / track response plans (e.g. for new products, initiatives or partners)
• Enable management to make better risk vs. reward decisions by sharing risk insights and driving consideration of the same into the strategic planning process
• Manage the P&I Risk Forum, comprised of Chief Product Officer and senior leadership team, preparing in depth analysis of key risk topics, facilitating discussion and managing outputs and deliverables
• Lead risk aggregation and consolidation process to communicate key risks and mitigating activities to 2nd line of defense functions and senior management
• Drive alignment and coordination with 2nd line of defense inclusive of risk champions and leads for D&S and the regions; continuously identify areas of improvement
• Serve as a liaison with Internal Audit and Testing & Planning
All About You
• Risk Management experience in a large financial services multinational with a mature ERM program
• Demonstrable experience and knowledge of risk management practices (e.g., risk framework methodology, ILAAP/ICAAP, Regulator engagement, technical risk assessment methods, risk quantification methods, technology qualifications e.g., ITIL, COBIT, CISSP, CISA, CISM)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage through influence at all levels
• Experience in partnering with executive management
• Articulate and highly effective communicator
• Demonstrated success in applying risk management to support the business/ strategy
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to work under pressure, in sometimes ambiguous circumstances
• Understands and appreciates diverse backgrounds
• Knowledge of the payments industry and products, competitive environment, and consumer trends
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website