We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleVice President, Talent ManagementThe Vice President, Talent and learning will be responsible for creating and executing an end-to-end talent and learning strategy and plans for the Asia Pacific Region in collaboration with People & Capability partners, relevant global Talent & Learning COE peers, and regional colleagues.
This role reports to the Chief Talent and Organizational Effectiveness Officer.
Work in partnership to define and manage region talent and learning needs, and collaborate with the Global Talent & Learning COE teams to:
• Provides thought leadership around the launch and delivery of Talent Management/Succession Planning, Enterprise-wide Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Learning Strategy, training and other organization development-related projects as identified by the COE and P&C leadership team
• Manage the outcomes of talent management practices, including practical succession management, driving career moves and regular local talent discussions, and pressing for development and progression as identified by the plans in place.
• Deliver Performance Management outcomes that are effective at creating feedback and development to employees
• Support roll out of global Management and Leadership Development initiatives.
• Support organizational design/restructuring, working with your People and Capability Partners and other key business leaders around talent deployment and development.
• Support the delivery of employee engagement and pulse surveys.
• Facilitate the delivery of global Learning Academies programs across all APAC markets.
• Diagnose current and future capability needs to help inform global and regional learning priorities and create and execute on learning plan in partnership with Learning Academies.
• Consult with People Business Partners and business leaders to understand and validate learning needs identified by the business, checking for alignment with already identified global learning priorities, and applying knowledge of learning solutions to help think about the right approach for the need, what the objectives and measures of success are, etc.
• Partner with People Business Partners to implement a talent pipeline strategy that ensures future talent needs are being met and a continuous flow of the right candidates is established
• Drive change management and organization design support for relevant group(s) (including M&A activity)
• Ensue a relentless focus on diversity and inclusion in all people related activities
• Contribute to global talent and learning agenda and be an integral member of the Global Talent and Organization Effectiveness Leadership Team.
• Works closely with, and must be perceived as a credible expert by, senior management, business unit management teams, People Business Partners, Global Subject Matter Experts and key stakeholders across the Region and the company.
• Must understand the key business goals, and be able to determine the talent and development needs of the business units and to support those business goals, both now and in the future.
All About You:
• Track record of successfully creating, launching and leading “world-class” Talent Management/Succession Planning, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Learning Planning and other key programs and processes in a global company
• Effective as an internal consultant, relationship manager, facilitator, coach and team player
• Excellent executive presence, credible with employees at every level
• Able to connect easily with people, empathize and build trust
• Excellent oral communication, interpersonal, writing skills
• Excellent at organizing and coordinating to get things done; strong project management skills
• Able to multitask, deal with complexity, manage multiple deliverables
• Creative and practical; able to innovate but knows when to simply get things moving
• Influencing skills, able to get things done without authority and to negotiate effectively
• Good with ambiguity, takes initiative and ownership where necessary
• Excellent at balancing hands-on execution, offering thought leadership, and driving strategic focus
• Deep experience and willingness to work in a highly matrixed environment, managing global, regional and local stakeholders with demonstrated flexibility and adaptability
• Skilled at collaboration, creating teams, cooperating across networks
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website