We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleVice President, Talent Management, Global Head of Leadership DevelopmentOverview:
Mastercard's Global Leadership Development Team is responsible for the Leadership Academy: developing well-rounded, purpose-driven leaders from executives, to line managers, to entry level talent. The person in this role leads a team of professionals to design and deliver globally relevant leadership development curricula (live design and asynchronous digital) to global and regional audiences.
You'll be successful in this role if you have:
• A passion to innovate and lead, as Mastercard strives to do in the payments industry
• Fresh ideas and insights to craft the leadership development strategy and vision for the future
• The ability to build strong relationships at all levels and create alignment to business strategy and priorities
• The ability to influence and create buy-in with the business and People & Capability stakeholders
• The desire to be a key player on a high performing Talent Leadership Team
• Consult with business executives and People & Capability Leadership to understand development needs and design scalable, global live and digital solutions
• Strategic design and operational delivery for live, virtual, and digital leadership development programs for executives, high potential talent, and people managers
• Serve as program leader for Mastercard Launch, an 18-month development experience for all global entry-level new hires; responsibilities include overseeing the experience, input into ongoing curriculum, and annual delivery of Launch Bootcamp – the flagship assimilation program
• Identify key executive sponsors for programs and initiatives, prepare sponsors (briefings, materials, talking points), and embed sponsor interaction with participants into design
• Manage assessment and evaluation tools for executives, high potentials, people managers, and leaders of target companies in M&A scenarios
• Embed key Mastercard skill building priorities into leadership development programs i.e., pro bono and volunteering, inclusive leadership
• Monitor key performance indicators and measurement feedback from programs to assess impact, success, and areas for improvement
• Monitor key measures for leadership programs including diversity metrics, high potential pool reach, and pipeline, in partnership with Talent Management team
• Partner with external vendors for design, delivery, event management, and branding; manage vendor relationships, negotiations, and budgets for programs and licenses
• Provide feedback, guidance, and coach to their greatest potential, a team of directs
• Experience with organizational design, instructional design, and leadership development
• Ability to manage large-scale and bespoke events both live and virtual
• Strong attention to detail
• A mindset for action and delivery
• Familiarity with operating in a global matrixed environment
• Ability to influence without authority
• Experience with diversity and inclusion
• Excellent project management skills
• Strong relationship skills
• Above-average Excel and PowerPoint skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website