Bring care and compassion to people in need. It's why you're the best in healthcare.
Nurse Practitioner - PRN
Matrix Medical Network is one of the fastest growing companies in healthcare. We care profoundly for the patients we serve and now more than ever communities and employers need the support. If you have the passion to significantly impact plan patients' health and communities we serve, come and join Matrix!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Pediatric/Adult/Geriatric assessments, medical history, diagnosis and treatment, health education, physician referrals, case management referrals, follow-up and clear documentation according to Matrix guidelines and protocols.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, case managers, social workers, family members, key care givers and any appropriate ancillary medical personnel as appropriate
- Patient education, communication to the Primary Care Physician (PCP), follow-up facilitated with the PCP, and case management referrals may also be part of any assessment
- Services may be provided in a variety of venues to include; Home Visits, Skilled Facility Visits, Mobile Clinic Visits, Telehealth Visits, and Retail Clinic Visits
- Nurse Practitioners are expected to achieve Matrix standards for quality, customer service, productivity and teamwork
- Consults with the Manager to ensure compliance with guidelines
- Participates in Risk and Quality Management programs, clinical meetings and other meetings as required
- Responsible for identifying overall quality improvement activities through assessing and planning health care which is individualized to the member and consistent with Matrix Medical Network policies and protocols
- Reviews and interprets the medical and social history of members
- Performs appropriate screening procedures for members
- Interprets laboratory data, recommends appropriate follow-up, reconciles medications
- Is compliant with OSHA, State Board of Nursing
- Participates in all mandatory compliance and other training programs, seeks guidance for compliance-related concerns and adheres to all applicable laws, regulations and Matrix Medical Network policies and procedures
- Maintains positive control of all PHI information
- Works closely with Clinical Support Coordinators (CSC) and others within Matrix to create an effective and productive schedule
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Master's Degree required OR commensurate experience and satisfactory completion of NP licensure
- Current RN and NP licensure in state of practice to include prescription authority or the ability to obtain
- Board certified by the AANP, ANCC or the AACCN in a Matrix approved specialty.
- Current CPR certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 1 year nurse practitioner clinical experience preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate computer skills, including use of e-mail and Microsoft office word and excel
- Must be able to demonstrate effective written communication skills including but not limited to writing
reports and correspondence
- Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal communication skills, including but not limited to speaking
effectively to members, providers, families and staff and listening to members, providers and families
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and use time effectively and efficiently. Concentrates efforts on
- Demonstrated successful experience working in an environment of change. Effectively copes with
change and uncertainty; responds and “shifts gears” comfortably
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of both external and internal customers, acts
with customers in mind
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, and gain their trust
- Uses logical methods to solve problems with effective solutions; looks beyond the obvious for solutions
- Is action oriented and sees challenges as opportunities
- Must be licensed as a Nurse Practitioner.
Travel Requirements: Travel required
- Travel may be required
- Must have valid state driver license and be able to drive a car
- Must have proof of adequate automobile insurance coverage for the state of residence
- Must be able to travel by public transportation, and airplanes
- Must be able to independently travel to assigned locations
Physical and Psychological Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting
- Requires bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, crouching, crawling and/or stretching from seated or
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate medical equipment,
keyboard, telephone, copier, calculator and other office equipment
- Requires close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust visual focus, hearing and smelling.
- Must be able to communicate information via telephone or computer
- Requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity of the job
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to observe “Universal Precautions” for blood-borne pathogens and body fluids
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to variable temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, pets, blood and other body fluids. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The time will be split between administrative and clinical duties based on the needs of Matrix Medical Network.
Matrix Medical Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apollo, PA 15613. Primary Location: Apollo, PA 15613. Job: Clinical—Nurse Practitioner or NP. Regular Shift. PRN Job Level: Day, Night Job, Travel, Monday - Sunday. Job, Clinical, Nursing, Home, SNF, Telehealth, Retail and other community environments, PRN, Temporary Assignment, Job Type, standard, Travel, Flexible, Pay, Hours.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) acts as part of the clinical services team and may be providing direct patient care in nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities (SNF), telehealth and in-home visits or working in an Employee Health and Wellness Service (EHWS) setting in a client location. Depending on the nature of the assignment, the NP may conduct assessments to members in skilled nursing facilities, in an in-home or telehealth settings. Assignments in the EHWS role would entail working directly with the clients' employee.
Type: PRN Nurse Practitioner
Location: Home, SNF, Telehealth, Retail and other community environments in Apollo, PA 15613
Hours: Days, Nights, Weekends. Flexible schedule.
Salary: $100 per completed visit (25/mo=$2,500.00)
Apply on company website