SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Medical City Dallas Clinical Rehab Specialist
PRN Weekends Sat/Sun 8-5
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at Medical City Dallas, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Medical City Dallas was the first hospital in North Texas to achieve magnet status. As an ANCC Magnet medical center located in Dallas, we are designed with the health and well-being of the entire family in mind. While we focus on disease prevention, if treatment is necessary we provide our patients with some of the most highly specialized physicians in the country. Our medical center offers a full service adult and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient centers, and a psychiatric hospital. Being recognized for their excellence in patient care, Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commission's highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States. You can play a key part in our continued success.
Seeking a Clinical Rehab Specialist (CRS) that acts as a liaison between internal and external referral sources, and rehab operations. The CRS is responsible for establishing relationships with case managers, physicians, payors, and other referral sources. The CRS will ensure appropriate patient placement through clinical assessments and screening in collaboration with the Rehab Medical Director. The CRS is the primary responsible party focused on the referral and admission process of the rehab program.
What will you do in this role:
- Assist and coordinate in-take and pre-admission screening process. Accurately documents evidence of rehab admission criteria on Pre-Screen evaluation in a timely and legible manner. Pre-screen updates are completed within 48 hours of admission. Admission decisions are communicated to referral source within 2 hours.
- Perform on-site and off-site clinical evaluation to assist Rehab Medical Director in determining appropriateness of patient for admission.
- Provides information related to inpatient rehab and program features to patient and family members.
- Communicates to patient's expectations and requirements for participation upon admission to the rehab program. Offers each patient and family a tour of the rehab unit; coordinating tour if unable to provide personally.
- Secures information relating to patients resources and benefits.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of rehab admission criteria, leading to appropriate identification of qualified rehab patients.
- Advises referral sources on inpatient rehab criteria.
- Functions as primary contact for external and internal case management and referring physician. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all referral sources.
- Completes face-to-face, in-service educational contacts with physicians, case managers, other interdisciplinary members and other professionals. Serves as educational resource to patients, family members and caregivers.
- Participates in market analysis, data analysis and development and implementation of marketing and business plans for the Rehab Unit. Contributes to the development and maintenance of referral source information such as brochures, flyers, referrals and information kit and other outreach and marketing tools.
- Proficient in time management. Prioritizes meeting commitments to referral sources. Develops a call-plan to prioritize utilization of time.
- Assists in developing the annual strategic plan for the Rehab Unit/Hospital, to include visible community outreach program and raise community awareness of services available.
- Ensures referral sources receive appropriate and timely follow-up communications regarding their patients and hospital programs.
- Develops back up system to handle calls when he/she is unavailable.
- Develops system that ensures calls are appropriately handled 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Licensed Professional in a clinical health care specialty (i.e. RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Therapist).
- Current state licensure in clinical practice area or eligible for state license transfer.
- Graduate of an accredited school in clinical specialty.
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical care experience..
- Clinical experience in the care and management of the Inpatient Rehabilitation patient.
- Experience as a clinical liaison coordinating admissions for inpatient rehabilitation.
- BCLS certification (American Heart Association)
- Pass facility credentialing for Functional Independence Measurement (FIM) within 90 days upon hire, then maintains current certification.
- If RN, CRRN preferred and / or achieve within 2 years of accepting position.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website