DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Medical City Dallas Registered Nurse / RN | Renal Transplant Unit Shift: Full-Time / Days / 7A-7P (Rotating Weekends
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
Medical City Healthcare performed more kidney transplants than any other health care system in North Texas in 2018, and Medical City Dallas has the largest volume kidney transplant program in DFW. Medical City Dallas performs living and deceased transplant surgeries. This includes adult kidney and pancreas transplant, adult pancreas transplant and adult pancreas after kidney transplant. Medical City Dallas Children's Hospital, located on the same campus, offers pediatric kidney transplants and a continuum of care in which patients see the same physicians and support team from birth into adulthood
The Renal Transplant RN will Perform direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on nursing process / outcomes for surgical patients. Emphasis on the surgical patient with renal transplant.
Provider of Care:
• Determine the predictable or unpredictable health status and health needs of patients (individual and family) through interpretation of health data and preventive practice in collaboration with patients and interdisciplinary health care team members.
• Utilize a systematic approach to provide individualized, goal-directed nursing care.
• Perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient.
• Formulate a nursing care plan based on determination of nursing diagnoses and identified problems.
• Implement nursing care within the RN's scope of practice, including compliance with other laws that apply to the practice setting.
• Develop and implement teaching plans for patients concerning promotion, maintenance and restoration of health.
About Medical City Hospital Dallas
Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commission's highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States. Our medical team consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many of whom are known as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 876-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference. Our staff is passionate about their work and committed to providing excellent patient care. This has allowed Medical City to become a place where healing, compassion, humanity and simple kindness are celebrated daily.
Are you excited yet? Excellent, we are too! Please review the job description below for this exciting opportunity and apply today, and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will contact you soon!
We offer a benefits package that will best suit your family's needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best fit your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
HCA is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- BSN required within 24 months of hire
- Current TX RN license or valid compact license
- Minimum of one-year experience in acute care hospital in a PCU or ICU, within the last three years, required
- Transplant experience, a plus.
- BLS required, issued by American Heart Association
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website