DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist Medical City Healthcare
Position Summary: This position acts as a coordinator between internal and external referral sources, and acute inpatient rehab operations. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist is responsible for establishing relationships with case managers, physicians, payors, and other referral sources. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist will ensure appropriate patient placement through clinical screenings and assessments in collaboration with both hospital Case Management and the Rehab Medical Director.
The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist works closely with hospital case management to ensure a responsive and smooth flowing referral and admission process for the inpatient acute rehab program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows approved company policy and procedures. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist utilizes appropriate patient information sources as well as direct communications with other members of the patient's care team to identify those patients who may need acute inpatient rehabilitation services prior to returning home. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist will review these patients daily until they have strong clinical evidence to request a physician order for a formal pre-admission assessment for acute inpatient rehab through their assigned case manager.
- Once Case Management has completed the Patient Choice process and the patient has agreed to participate in a HCA acute rehabilitation program, the Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist will assist and coordinate the in-take and pre-admission screening process. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist accurately documents evidence of the patient's compliance with the established rehabilitation admission criteria on the Pre-Admissions Screening form in a timely and legible manner. Updates to the Pre-Admission Screening form are completed within 48 hours prior to admission to the acute inpatient rehab program. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist then provides this information to the Rehab Medical Director and responds to any question or request for additional information the Rehab Medical Director might require to make an appropriate admission decision. Admission decisions are communicated to referral source within 2 hours.
- Performs on-site and off-site review of patients in designated facilities to assist Case Management in identifying patients that could clinically benefit from rehab services.
- Performs on-site and off-site clinical evaluation to assist Rehab Medical Director in determining appropriateness of patient for admission.
- Provides information related to inpatient rehab and program features to Case Management to share with patients and family members. May provide directly to patient and family after a patient has selected HCA as rehabilitation provider.
- Communicates to patients, expectations and requirements for participation, upon admission to the rehab program. Offers each patient and family a tour of the rehab unit (or coordinates tour if unable to provide personally).
- Secures information relating to patient's resources and benefits.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of rehab admission criteria, leading to appropriate identification of qualified rehab patients.
- Advises referral sources on inpatient rehab criteria.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all referral sources.
- Completes face-to-face, in-service educational contacts with physicians, case managers, other interdisciplinary members and other professionals. Serves as educational resource to patients, family members and caregivers.
- Participates in market analysis, data analysis and development and implementation of business plans for the Rehab Unit. Contributes to the development and maintenance of referral source information such as brochures, flyers, referrals and information kit and other outreach tools.
- Manages time proficiently. Prioritizes meeting commitments to referral sources. Develops a call-plan to prioritize utilization of time.
- Assists in developing the annual strategic plan for the Rehab Unit/Hospital, to include visible community outreach program and raise community awareness of services available.
- Ensures referral sources receive appropriate and timely follow-up communications regarding their patients and hospital programs.
- Develops back up system to handle calls when he/she is unavailable.
- Develops system that ensures calls are appropriately handled 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school in clinical specialty, required
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical care experience, required
- Clinical experience in the care and management of the Inpatient Rehabilitation patient, preferred
- Experience as a clinical liaison coordinating admissions for inpatient rehabilitation, preferred
- Licensed Professional in a clinical health care specialty (i.e. RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Therapist).
- Current state license in clinical practice area or eligible for state license transfer.
- BCLS certification (AHA), preferred
- Pass facility credentialing for Functional Independence Measurement (FIM) within 90 days upon hire, then maintains current certification, preferred.
- If RN, CRRN preferred and / or achieve within 2 years of accepting position.
About Medical City Healthcare:
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region's largest, most comprehensive health care providers and includes 14 hospitals, 7 off-campus emergency rooms, more than 50 ambulatory sites, more than 7,000 active physicians and 15,000 employees in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
As part of HCA (NYSE: HCA), we lead the industry in putting patients first. Our physicians, staff and hospital leaders are committed to offering patients and their families hope and healing through quality care and advanced technology. To that end, we work every day to ensure an environment where our physicians provide strength, expertise and experience, and our partners are entrusted to act with absolute integrity.
Medical City Healthcare is committed to providing excellent care that is convenient and accessible. Our focus on patient safety and quality is grounded in evidence-based medicine and is delivering better outcomes for our patients every day. As part of our continuous quality improvements, Medical City Healthcare benchmarks our rankings in emergency department wait times, door-to-balloon times and key service line indicators as reported by CMS.
Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website