SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Medical Lab Technician Medical City Lewisville Position Summary: To provide quality care for the patient by performing those tests requested by the physician using technical skills and training. Performs those tests under supervision in an expedient accurate and professional manner. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model and ensure the "I AM HCA" behavioral standards are followed.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Transport patients safely.
- Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis and resulting complications.
- Performs tests accurately.
- Maintains proficiency in all areas of the laboratory.
- Ensures testing is performed in accordance to meet the individual needs of newborns to geriatric patients.
- Responds effectively to STAT requests.
- Uses good judgment in interpreting results to ensure accuracy.
- Performs and documents all quality control as specified in a complete and timely manner.
- Properly documents all remedial action taken to correct any deficiencies noted.
- Performs and documents all prescribed equipment maintenance.
- Follows proper procedure for infection control.
- Is familiar with send out procedure.
- Processes patients and specimens in the reception area.
- Registry as a Medical Laboratory Technician with the ASCP, AMT, or equivalent is required or must attain within 90 days of hire date.
- At least one year of college with a strong course background in chemistry and biology.
- Associates degree in Medical Technology or equivalent is strongly preferred, or military service equivalent.
- Previous experience in acute care hospital laboratory preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
- Job requires ability to work all shifts required.
- Be able to operate various instruments.
- Be able to follow written instructions, use computers and perform procedures according to established standards of operation.
- Must be able to handle stress and work well with the public and the professional staff.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website