SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Program Therapist Medical City McKinney PRN (As Needed) Position Summary: Plans, organizes, directs, defines and coordinates clinical services necessary to meet the legal, organizational, medical staff and regulatory agencies guidelines. Provide case management, education, group and individual therapy, and discharge planning. Performs community and educational activities. Job Duties:
- Conducts individual, group and family sessions for patients as indicated patient treatment plan.
- Facilitate identified support groups to meet the needs of patients/families as indicated by medical record.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement (PI) process as evidenced by audits and attendance records.
- Participates in development of Master Recovery Plans and updates.
- Attends patient treatment planning meetings and reviews on an ongoing basis.
- Active participation in the planning and execution of treatment regimes.
- Performs pre-admission assessments when directed by Director of Social Services.
- Participates in discharge planning and aftercare planning.
- Makes necessary contacts with community resources to ensure continuity of care.
- Plans and arranges admission to special care facilities as indicated by physician's request/needs.
- Assures completion of discharge summaries/discharge instructions.
- Documents according to policies and procedures.
- Interviews patients and families to obtain social histories and assures completion of psychosocial assessment in timeframes given by policy and guidelines.
- Assures completion of patient outcomes on admission and discharge.
- Documents all clinical sessions held with patient/family members.
- Performs other duties and special projects as required and or assigned by Director of Social Services.
- Assist with referral development and community education activities.
- Networks with peers and other mental health providers to develop the IOP/PHP Programs
- Completes all competency requirements.
- Maintains CEU's for licensure as required.
- Master's degree in Psychology, Counseling or Social Work from a nationally accredited school required and must be a licensed provider
- 1-2 years in social services and or case management preferred and experience with psychiatric patients plus.
- Current license by the State of Texas in Social Work (LMSW or LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LCPI and obtain LPC within one year of hire) required
- Current American Heart Association BLS required
- Must complete restraint and seclusion training as well as techniques to address aggressive or threatening behavior (as outlined in Rule 415.257 of the Texas Administrative Code) prior to assuming direct care responsibilities, if the employee does not provide proof of current SAMA certification
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
About Medical City McKinney: Medical City McKinney is a growing 260-bed hospital with a 90-year history of serving the health care needs of McKinney and the surrounding communities. Over the past several years, we have strengthened our medical foundations by adding two new surgical robots, a newly remodeled labor and delivery suites, a Level III NICU and an advanced biplane Catheterization Lab to treat heart rhythm disorders.
Medical City McKinney is proud of our team for all the well-deserved recognitions and acknowledgements we've received to better serve you--Joint Commission accredited, Advanced (Level III) Trauma Center, Accredited Chest Pain Center, a Texas 10 Step Facility, CLIA certified laboratory; CAP accredited clinical and anatomical pathology services, "Top Performer on Key Quality Measures" for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care by Joint Commission and Intersocietal Commission of Vascular Labs in ultrasound for peripheral vascular ultrasound.
Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website