SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Respiratory Therapist / RRT Medical City North Hills PRN Seasonal
Position Summary: Provides respiratory care to patients as ordered by physicians, according to established standards and practices. Performs a variety of duties relative to cleaning, disinfecting, and storing respiratory therapy equipment.
- Initiates, monitors, and maintains continuous mechanical ventilation.
- Operates and set up devices such as therapeutic gas administration and aerosol generators. These types of devices may be utilized to deliver prescribed medications in an aerosolized form to patients.
- Performs cardio pulmonary resuscitation and other emergency respiratory therapy procedures as necessary.
- Evaluates patient's clinical conditions and provides suggestions and recommendations for therapeutic procedures to meet patient treatment objectives.
- Performs bronchopulmonary drainage, chest physiotherapy, and assists patient in performing breathing exercises.
- Collects and analyzes arterial blood gases and is able to recognize normal, abnormal and critical values and able to provide appropriate corrective intervention.
- Properly documents all respiratory therapy procedures, patient education, and scanned medications per policy.
- Performs a variety of duties related to setting up, operating, cleaning, sterilizing, and storing respiratory therapy equipment.
- Educates patients and family members to their specific disease process and instruct in the proper use of home equipment and medications.
- Assist in the orientation of new staff members.
- Demonstrates competency in performing ECG's.
- Responds to questions and request from regulatory agencies.
- Contributes to and is accountable for hospital and department-specific P.I. activities.
- Demonstrates time management skills and ability to prioritize and adjust to interruptions to workflow in a positive manner.
- Adheres to hospital policies for meal breaks, rest breaks, and attends mandatory activities including 75% of staff meetings annually.
- Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
- Associate Degree or Certificate of Completion from an accredited Respiratory Care Program.
- Prefer previous experience in an acute care hospital setting.
- Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing
- RRT, Certified by the state of TX, BLS from AHA or ARC, ACLS from AHA or ARC, NRP, and PALS
- Basic computer skills
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
About Medical City North Hills: Medical City North Hills is a 160 bed acute care facility that serves the growing population of Northeast Tarrant County. In addition to specialty care in Cardiovascular and Women's Services, Medical City North Hills provides adult and pediatric outpatient surgery, and is also home to Texas' first children's outpatient surgery center.
Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website