SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Nurse Extern Work Schedule: PRN (as needed) Unit: Medical Oncology Medical City Plano is a full-service, 513-bed acute care hospital with more than 2,070 employees and over 1,466 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and subspecialties. Medical City Plano is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, or Denton Counties to be awarded Comprehensive Stroke Center accreditation by the State of Texas, and is the first and only Level I Trauma Center in Collin Country. The Brain & Spine Hospital at Medical City Plano provides world-renowned neuroscience care, including advanced treatments for brain cancer, life-saving interventions for stroke patients, as well as treatments for scoliosis and other complex spine disorders.
The Nurse Extern position provides direct and indirect nursing services to the patient under the supervision of the professional nurse and performs tasks necessary to the functioning of a unit of the department. Job responsibilities include:
- Performs direct patient care as assigned by the registered nurse and reports observations, results of procedures and patient needs to appropriate person
- Performs psychomotor skills as outlined during educational training and orientation process
- Utilize computer or handheld for documentation
- High school Diploma/GED required
- Successful completion of Fundamentals in Nursing (1st semester nursing school curriculum) with appropriate documentation.
- Current BCLS issued by the American Heart Association required
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited school of professional nursing or on semester break from such a program.
- Course of study must have included appropriate instructions to perform the tasks which will be delegated.
- Must have completed Anatomy and Physiology, Fundamentals of Nursing and Critical Skills Checklist (Course content and evidence of course work completion must be submitted)
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website