Ensures reliability and stability of assigned platforms and systems as a highly trained and experienced technology expert on host platform(s). Completes complex technical tasks, leads projects, troubleshoots issues, researches new methods and systems, provides off hours support (on-call) as a part of a rotation, all under minimal supervision
- Provides consultation to non-system administrators, the development team and infrastructure team with the design and support of host systems with client and internal applications by actively participating in client and internal project meetings.
- Manages configuration and change control of host systems.
- Communicates system trends, issues and outages to management and peers by evaluating, implementing, maintaining and improving host systems management tools.
- Analyzes, designs, and implements host systems upgrades and expansions accurately without adversely affecting systems availability.
- Mentors 1st/2nd level host systems support persons by addressing issues, questions and problems.
- Participates as resource in Severity Level 1 and Crit Sit situations.
- Communicates issues and outages to direct management and peers through evaluating, implementing, maintaining and improving host systems management tools.
- Ensures host systems security and supports peers with security issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or a related technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 years of enterprise host system administration experience, host configuration management and production support.
- Experience with the Avaya Phone System highly preferred
- Experience designing enterprise host server systems incorporating the appropriate balance of performance, cost, availability, redundancy, fault tolerance, high availability, security, and other factors.
- In-depth experience with operating system architecture, design, concepts, analysis, host system hardware and LPAR/virtualization fundamentals.
- Working toward relevant host systems certifications preferred, such as: A Security, Linux , VCP, CCA, HP ASE, MCP, MCTS, IBM Certified System Administrator (AIX, iSeries, WebSphere) and/or VMWare System Certification.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to research and develop systems and security specifications for the next generation of hardware/software platforms.
- Ability to design, test and document the use of new features and procedures to improve server systems and security operations.
- Ability to evaluate system architecture and design.
- Ability and initiative to learn about new technologies, hardware and software products and relate to how the new services would benefit the enterprise
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received this recognition!
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business Casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 85 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual and its family of companies we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Apply on company website