Please note this position will start in Strongsville, OH and move to Brooklyn, OH in Spring, 2020.
Assists in the development of strategies, processes, standards and enterprise design patterns for the IT organization. Aligns priorities with business strategy and facilitates optimal application of technology to business processes. Works across departments and drives common and consistent approaches across systems to maximize reuse across the IT organization. Partners with business units to ensure IT roadmaps are aligned with business objectives.
- Acts as a subject matter expert ("SME") to assist various IT areas to support efficiencies in overall design for implementations of new technologies and improvement of existing processes. Advises on best practices and ensures policy and procedure adherence.
- Assists in the definition of the current and future state and the transitional plan. Focuses on the incremental improvements that move toward the future state looking for opportunities to streamline environments and remove redundancy.
- Collaborates within teams, participates in reviews of all prospective software and hardware acquisitions. Evaluates compatibility with current architecture and supports future architecture roadmaps. Identifies architectural risks and proposes alternatives and solutions. Documents exceptions to architectural standards.
- Assists in the review and revisions of new and existing IT standards and policies evaluating their importance. Assists in the development of architectural metrics and reports.
- Maintains active awareness of IT industry including new developments, emerging trends, development tools and best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of training/education and experience.
- 8 years of practical (non-academic) experience designing, managing or developing applications in a client/server, service-oriented architecture.
- Deep level expertise in one or more of the following: application architecture, data architecture, integration architecture, network design, middleware, servers and storage, or database management.
- Experience with evaluating and deploying cloud-based solutions.
- A strong understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and project management methodologies.
- Experience in architecture modeling techniques and standards.
- Experience with insurance/healthcare industry is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills especially in areas of teamwork, facilitation, influence, and negotiation.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with Microsoft and/or Java technology stacks,
- Experience with messaging, web services, and integration technologies
- Basic understanding of various project methodology disciplines with basic knowledge of information and systems architectures, highly proficient in website architechtures.
- Basic understanding of various data base platforms and data warehousing.
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
· Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio year after year
· On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
· On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
· Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
· Business casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
· Competitive compensation plans
· Employee bonus program
· 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
· Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
· Career development programs and classes
· Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
· Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for more than 80 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Apply on company website