Medical Mutual provides health insurance to more than 1.6 million Ohioans. For more than 85 years, the Company has improved the lives of its members by offering high-quality group and personal healthcare coverage. Medical Mutual is seeking a talented Manager, Corporate Communications to manage internal and external communications strategy including company-related news and information, executive communication, employee communication, strategic projects, and media-related projects and events. The role reports to the Director, Communications in our downtown Cleveland headquarters.
- Identifies, plans and executes communication strategies and tactics for the Company. Communicates and enforces appropriate Medical Mutual brand and style standards throughout the Company.
- Identifies and responds to internal communications needs. Manages writing of internal communications directly or through staff, including company newsletter articles and employee announcements. Works with internal departments to select and create the most appropriate communication media for target internal audiences. Oversees content for the Company intranet.
- Cultivates relationships with media. Manages media pitches, selecting appropriate spokespeople and participates or serves as Company spokesperson in media interviews (both positive and crisis situations). Manages C-suite interaction with all media.
- Identifies and responds to external communications needs, including traditional media and social media, providing strategic advice and counsel. Works closely with all business units to coordinate media relations efforts. Conducts media training for key Company personnel
- Manages writing and editing of press releases, fact sheets, talking points and other media materials directly or through staff.
- Prepares evaluation and management reports detailing communication efforts as directed.
- Manages staff daily activities and performance, training and development. Plans and manages an annual communications budget.
Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
8 years progressive experience in public relations/communications or related field, 3 years of which are in a leadership capacity
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated command of grammar, spelling and sentence structure
Comprehensive knowledge of corporate communications and news media protocols/best practices Familiar with Associated Press (AP) style guideline
Excellent presentation skills. Ability to speak in front of large and small groups
Knowledge of social media platforms and monitoring services
Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received this recognition!
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 80 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Apply on company website