This position will be Hybrid (In office and work at home).
Founded in 1934, Medical Mutual is the oldest and one of the largest health insurance companies based in Ohio. We provide peace of mind to more than 1.6 million Ohioans through our high-quality health, life, disability, dental, vision and indemnity plans. We offer fully insured and self-funded group coverage, including stop loss, as well as Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement and individual plans.
Medical Mutual' s status as a mutual company means we are owned by our policyholders, not stockholders, so we don't answer to Wall Street analysts or pay dividends to investors. Instead, we focus on developing products and services that allow us to better serve our customers and the communities around us and help our members achieve their best possible health and quality of life.
.NET developer on a cross-functional Scrum team under the direction of the IT Manager. Translates user stories and customer acceptance criteria of increasing complexity into a logical, efficient, and optimal systems design. Develops and maintains new and existing web applications by writing code to meet business rules, security standards and government regulations. Works on a self-organizing, collaborative Agile Scrum team and provides recommendations for issues resolution. Creates and executes requires test plans on all new and changed components.
- Supports development and maintenance on new and existing applications by analyzing, designing, architecting, and writing code of increasing complexity that complies with our enterprise environments and coding standards
- Participates on a highly collaborative Agile Scrum team working closely with the Product Owner, Scrum Master and other team members while functioning as development lead on complex systems or subsystems, as needed
- Test Driven Development including unit, integration, and customer acceptance testing
- Develops documentation of technical workflows and systems designs and verifies against user requirements
- Works with database staff and security staff to ensure that data standards and security standards are properly applied
- Participates in code reviews to critique the logical design with peers, supplies and accepts feedback for design enhancements
- Learn new technical concepts and software languages as needed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or related field or equivalent experience
- 0-8 years development experience as part of a team on complex, customer-facing web portals
- 0-6 years analysis and design experience
- Understanding of modern programming design and coding techniques and tools (SOLID principles, MVC, Test-driven development, e.g., Selenium/Specflow, XUnit, Protractor, Jasmine, Cucumber.js)
- Experience with TFS for work item tracking, source control, build and release automation, GIT repository for code and branch management
- Experience with Sitecore CMS preferred
- Basic understanding of multiple hardware and software platforms (e.g. mainframe, distributed, cloud, etc.)
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to dig into code issues
- Solid understanding of systems development life cycle
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received this recognition!
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business Casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 85 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual and its family of companies we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Apply on company website