Note: This position will start in Strongsville, OH and move to Brooklyn, OH in mid-2020.
Partners with other software developers, business systems analysts, and liaisons to translate user requirements and systems objectives into a logical, efficient and optimal systems design. Develops and maintains new and existing applications by writing code based on the aforementioned design to ensure that business rules, security standards and government regulations are met. Escalates issues to management for resolution . Assists in creating and executing required test plans on all new and changed components.
- Develops and maintains new and existing applications by analyzing, designing and writing code writing code that satisfies a logical, efficient and optimal systems design.
- Supports testing, implementation, and break-fix tasks associated with business applications.
- Supports the development of documentation of technical workflows and systems designs and verifies against user requirements.
- Learns new technical concepts and software languages as needed.
- Works with database staff and security staff to ensure that data standards and security standards are properly applied.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, business or related field or equivalent experience.
• Prefer previous experience in information systems and/or analysis and design experience
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
• Basic understanding of programming design and coding techniques.
• Familiarity with systems development life cycle.
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received this recognition!
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business casual attire
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 80 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Apply on company website