About The Opportunity
At Medifast, our team members are relentless in our mission of driving Lifelong Transformation, One Healthy Habit at a Time®. When you join Medifast, you become part of a dynamic, fast-growing community of highly motivated, like-hearted people who share a passion for promoting health and wellness. Just as OPTAVIA Coaches inspire Clients to reach their personal wellness goals, at Medifast, we inspire each other to bring our best to work each day to further our shared mission. If you want to build a rewarding career that makes lives better on a daily basis, Medifast may be the perfect place for you.
Medifast is seeking a full-time Senior Data Scientist at our Corporate Headquarters in Baltimore, MD. The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for anticipating future business needs, solving real-time business questions, and identifying new applications for complex analysis.
The candidate focus will be using Machine Learning for the following use cases at Medifast: Demand Forecasting, Recommendation Engines, Sentiments Analysis, Survival Analysis, Natural Language Processing, AB Testing, and Customer Segmentation (Unsupervised Learning).
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Abilities
- Executing solutions to business problems using advanced statistics, testing methods, data analysis, data mining, predictive modeling, optimization, and machine learning techniques
- Design and run end-to-end experiments with statistical rigor for test and learn, apply appropriate sampling methods and probabilistic simulations to hypothesis testing and parameter estimation including bootstrapping
- Perform data exploration and visualization using programming languages and Tableau, apply machine learning and statistical inference to seed hypotheses, identify opportunities, define metrics, provide interpretability to multi-dimensional scoring, regressor and classifier models, or decision tree learning, using novel methods
- Employ statistical programming, in Python, R, Dataiku, and toolkits (Scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, PySpark, Jupyter Notebook and kernel, Macro) across disparate environments including Linux/Unix command line and shell scripting, virtual and clouds
- Execute and automate data preprocessing via relational systems (AWS, Redshift, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, and, Oracle), and parallel computing for big data, using analytics engine and cluster computing frameworks: Apache Spark and Hadoop MapReduce, Apache Tez, and Yarn
- This position prefers a PHD degree or equivalent in Applied Statistics, Mathematics or a related data field and 5-8 years related experience.
At Medifast, Relationships Are At The Center Of What We Do!
We thrive by elevating our connections with one another as well as with our Coaches & Clients. We believe that everyone has the potential to be OUTSTANDING. The Medifast culture is built on seven core values: integrity, courage, teaming, accountability, empowerment, partnership and diversity. These values aren't just words on a page – they are celebrated as a core part of the company's philosophy.
We Lead By…
Mastering Relationships: We build trust, promote collaboration and we are reliable.
Being innovative: We strive to improve things in our areas of influence; test, refine and expand within the business strategy; and reach beyond real and perceived boundaries.
Simplifying: We are committed to making things measurable, repeatable and scalable; focusing on outcomes not activities; and eliminating complexity to increase focus.
Anticipating: We predict long-term business and organizational needs; challenge assumptions; and expect and prepare for the unexpected.
More About Medifast
Medifast (NYSE: MED) is the global company behind one of the fastest-growing health and wellness communities, OPTAVIA®, which offers scientifically developed products, clinically proven plans and the support of Coaches and a Community to help Clients achieve Lifelong Transformation, One Healthy Habit at a Time®. Based on nearly 40 years of experience, Medifast has redefined direct selling by combining the best aspects of the model. Its community of thousands of independent OPTAVIA Coaches teach Clients to develop holistic healthy habits through the proprietary Habits of Health® Transformational System. Medifast is traded on the New York Stock Exchange and ranked second on Fortune's 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list in 2020 and Forbes' 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in America list in 2017. For more information, visit MedifastInc.com or OPTAVIA.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about Medifast.
Apply on company website