DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Are you currently working with a healthcare provider with a culture and work life balance you are looking for? Would you be interested being a part of an organization recognized as World's Most Admired Company by Fortune Magazine that would allow you to focus on your chosen specialty areas with the geographic flexibility of 250+ locations across the U.S. and England? HCA provides that along with annually dedicating 30,000+ volunteer hours and millions of dollars to the communities we serve. HCA at a glance
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 612-bed hospital in Savannah, Georgia. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies, and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 trauma center, the region's only children's hospital, and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. Memorial Health proudly serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina.
Click here to see one more reason to choose MHUMC.
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
Our Mission- Above all else, we're committed to the care and improvement of human life
We are searching for a Cytotechnologist for a full-time, day shift position.
Responsible for preparation and storage of all specimens and necessary documentation. Prepares stains and slides for reading by cytotechnologist or review by pathologist.
1. Prepare and maintain reagents and equipment.
2. Prepare slides and reports in a timely fashion, ensuring Q. C. are met.
3. Maintain procedures and records to meet all regulatory standards.
4. Perform other duties as necessary for efficient operation of the department
5. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
7. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
8. Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
9. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
10. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
11. Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• Two year Associate Degree required
• Licensed Cytologist required
• C.T. (ASCP) preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• Less than one year required
• 1-3 years preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Good interpersonal and customer relation skills
• Full technical knowledge of Cytology
• Computer skills
• Ability to read, follow instructions and work independently
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website