Mercy Hospital St. Louis is recruiting an Internal Medicine Residency Associate Program Director for our ACGME-accredited Internal Medicine program.
As Associate Program Director, you will:
- Oversee the quality of didactic and clinical education of the program, in conjunction with the Program Director
- Develop academic activities including presenting at noon conference and Grand Rounds
- Participate in resident curriculum and faculty development in addition to development of individualized educational plans
- 0.5 FTE protected time devoted to performance of administrative APD duties
- 0.5 FTE devoted to clinical patient care; Clinical time can be assigned in either the inpatient or continuity clinic depending on candidate preference
- Earn a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefit package including a generous CME allowance
- Have an opportunity to:
- Perform research in internal medicine and medical supervision/education
- Participate in the Internal Medicine Simulation and OSCE programs
- Participate in our point of care ultrasound program
- Direct our MS3/MS4 clerkship curriculum development and implementation
Candidate Qualifications include:
- Board Certification/Board Eligible in Internal Medicine
- Experience in curriculum development, evaluation methodology, teaching and mentoring residents
- At least 3 years in a faculty position at an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine residency program
- Prior experience or training in quality improvement or patient safety preferred
- POCUS and procedure skills are supported by the program but not required
Mercy Hospital St. Louis:
- A 979-bed, fully accredited teaching hospital
- The only Level 1 Trauma Center in St. Louis County
- 80,000 adult emergency visits annually
- A nine-level, on-campus Heart Hospital with 96 private patient rooms
- System-wide Epic EMR
- Leapfrog Grade A rating for patient safety
Mercy, a four-time consecutive IBM Watson Health top five large U.S. health system, is a faith-based organization and serves millions annually. Located in seven states, Mercy is comprised of 40 hospitals and more than 2,500 Mercy Clinic physicians.
It is a continuing goal to advance diversity and inclusion within our Mercy ministry. We cherish each person as created in the image of God and believe it is our responsibility to strive for excellence in establishing an environment of dignity for all.
Your life is our lifes work.
For more information, please contact:
Erica Baker, MBA | Associate Physician Recruiter
Apply on company website