Mercy Hospital St. Louis isactively recruiting an Academic Hospitalist to join our established program. Qualified candidates must be BC/BE in Internal Medicine. POCUS and procedure skills are supported but not required.
As Academic Hospitalist, you will:
- Have 100% dedicated service time on one of the resident-assigned inpatient teams
- Be appointed as core faculty and will enjoy protected teaching time for faculty duties
- Develop academic activities including presenting at noon conference and Grand Rounds
- Participate in resident curriculum and faculty development and provide mentorship to residents
- Have an attractive 7 on/7 off clinical schedule with some teaching duties on off weeks
- Be directly involved with interviewing and recruiting new residents
- Earn a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefit package including a generous CME allowance
- Have an opportunity to:
- Perform research in internal medicine and medical education
- Be involved in the Internal Medicine Simulation and OSCE programs
- Contribute to Pearls4Peers.com, an online educational open-access resource dedicated to clinicians and house staff in internal medicine
- Be involved in MS3/MS4 curriculum development and implementation
Mercy Hospital St. Louis:
- A 979-bed, fully accredited teaching hospital
- The only Level 1 Trauma Center in St. Louis County
- 80,000 adult emergency visits annually
- A nine-level, on-campus Heart Hospital with 96 private patient room
- System-wide Epic EMR
- Leapfrog Grade A rating for patient safety
Mercy, a four-time consecutive IBM Watson Health top five large U.S. health system, is a faith-based organization and serves millions annually. Located in seven states, Mercy is comprised of 40 hospitals and more than 2,500 Mercy Clinic physicians.
It is a continuing goal to advance diversity and inclusion within our Mercy ministry. We cherish each person as created in the image of God and believe it is our responsibility to strive for excellence in establishing an environment of dignity for all.
Your life is our lifes work.
For more information, please contact:
Erica Baker, MBA | Associate Physician Recruiter
Apply on company website