We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Emergency Department Technician is to assist with the patient care based on individual needs within the scope of practice under supervision of the Registered Nurse. Performs all functions in an ethical and legal manner.
- Education: High School Graduate or GED Equivalent
- Experience: One (1) year experience in acute hospital setting or in ambulance; unless EMT licensed or CNA certified, then experience requirement is waived.
- Certifications: Current CPR certification - upon hire or complete training during the orientation period. Required certifications must be current before being assigned to care for patients independently.
- Other: Good interaction skills with our clients. Will regularly handle objects, tools or controls. Responsible for appropriate use of department equipment. Performing the duties of this job requires prolonged, extensive or considerable standing and walking, must regularly lift, carry and or position 50 pounds or more. Must be emotionally stable and able to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
- Preferred Licensure: EMT license or CNA certification preferred
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period.
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website