We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
This is an entry-level position requiring basic knowledge of boiler, HVAC, refrigeration, control system maintenance and operation, plumbing, electricity, carpentry, and painting. It is recommended that incumbents attend one or two years of trade school to prepare them for advancement opportunities. The Facility Systems Technician I position will allow the incumbent to learn operations for HVAC, refrigeration systems, plumbing, electricity, work practices, safety procedures, and become familiar with the respective equipment regulatory requirements. This position will also provide an opportunity to learn proper use of basic tools and equipment necessary to maintain and troubleshoot HVAC and refrigeration systems. This position will support small and mid-size hospitals, critical access hospitals, small inpatient/outpatient facilities, and clinics. The Facility Systems Technician provides the necessary skill to operate, maintain, and repair various electrical/plumbing systems, movable equipment, physical plant equipment, furniture, walls, ceilings, and floors. Utilizes exceptional customer service and communication skills. The purpose of this position is to ensure a safe working environment and support an exceptional Environment of Care for Mercy.
- Experience: This is an entry level position with a preference of 1 or more years commercial experience working with any of the following equipment: HVAC, boilers, and refrigeration equipment.
- Preferred Experience: 1 or more years working as a maintenance technician in a healthcare, educational, or industrial setting.
- Preferred Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. 2 or more years of training in a Technical or Vocational School
- Preferred Licensure: Boiler, HVAC, or Refrigeration. Electrical and or Plumbing.
- Valid Driver's License for all Mercy locations
- Class C Tank Operator Training and Certification required for all Mercy locations. Must achieve certification within 90 days of employment.
- EPA Universal Certification as required by 40CFR, Part 82, Subpart F for all Mercy locations. Must achieve certification within 12 months of employment.
- Fire door maintenance training program with certificate of completion. Incumbents must have training prior to advancing to Facility Systems Technician II.
- UL fire stop training with certificate of completion. Incumbents must have training prior to advancing to Facility Systems Technician II.
- Requires oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers and follow instructions.
- Verbal ability required to read and understand technical manuals.
- Numerical ability required to make calculations for testing, installation, measurement, estimation and repair of equipment.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, conceptualize and formulate finished product.
- Form perception is required when measuring and installing parts and equipment.
- Spatial ability required to understand forms and relationships when working from blueprints or specifications.
- Requires knowledge and use of various computer software such as Outlook, TMS and or Nuvolo.
- Ability to manage time and materials efficiently. Completes work assignments in a high-quality manner and the lowest cost to Mercy.
- Requires exceptional customer service skills and ability to achieve department goals.
- Incumbent must achieve favorable results on both oral and written competency exam prior to advancing to Facility Systems Technician II.
- Requires general manual dexterity, basic math knowledge, and mechanical aptitude.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures, electric shock, and loud noise.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website