Mercy Hospital — Springfield, Missouri General OB/Hospitalist Opportunity
No Call/In-House Hospitalist Shifts Only – Go Home When Done with Your Shift
Variety of Shifts, Hours, and Options to Choose From
Four Dedicated C-Section ORs with 24/7 Anesthesia In-House
Hospital Performs Over 3,000 Annual Deliveries
Full Access to Specialists Including MFM, 20+ Pediatric Specialties, 40-Bed NICU, Etc.
877-Bed Tertiary Hospital and Regional Leader in Obstetrics and Pediatrics
A Truven Top 5 Health System in the United States
Mercy Clinic OB/GYN is recruiting an additional OB/Hospitalist to meet growing demand at Mercy Hospital – Springfield, Missouri. We perform 250-300 deliveries per month. The ideal candidate has a diverse skill set in obstetrics including high-risk and complicated patients (with specialty support available). Our hospital covers an extensive patient population of nearly 2M lives and is the regional leader for obstetrics and infant care at Mercy Kids, our pediatric hospital.
The group of OB/HOS practices at Mercy Hospital Springfield, an 877-bed hospital and a tertiary center for Southern Missouri and parts of Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Mercy offers state-of-the-art equipment and facilities including four large dedicated C-Section ORs, significant investment in new technology, renovated L&Ds, long-term expansion plans, and more. We offer 24/7 in-house anesthesia and NICU coverage. A full range of medical services and specialty support are provided including MFM.
Mercy is a faith-based, not-for-profit health system which includes 45 acute care and specialty hospitals, more than 2,500 physicians across 700 practices and outpatient facilities, and 44,000+ co-workers in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. We are consistently recognized as one of the nation's top health systems and serve millions annually.
- 9-hour shifts including one hour for documentation – no responsibilities or call while not on. Check out and go home!
- Flexible shifts and hours available
- Established and thriving OB/Hospitalist program – ready to go day one!
- Work in a stable, excellent group full of mentors and friends. You will be treated as an equal partner day one
- Large catchment area of approximately 2M lives and over 3,000 annual deliveries
- Rated in the top 5% nationally for overall clinical excellence by Healthgrades
- Forbes “America's Best Employers” two years in a row
- Competitive compensation with guaranteed hourly rate, production, quality, and recruitment incentives including relocation and commencement bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package for the entire family
- Occurrence-based liability insurance
- Regional hub of southwest Missouri and the third largest city in the state
- Recently named in the top 10 cities for lowest cost of living in the US by Kiplinger
- A sophisticated medical community located three hours south and southwest of Kansas City and St. Louis and only 30 minutes from Branson
- Named one of the 20 “Best Places to Live and Work in the U.S. by Employment Review
- Features three large universities, performing arts center, top school districts in the state, and a variety of cultural, dining, and shopping options
- An abundance of outdoor recreational activities: hunting, hiking, camping, rock climbing, mountain biking
- Dozens of area lakes and natural streams provide for water sports and excellent fishing
- Headquarters of Bass Pro Shops and beautiful scenery in the Ozark Mountains and many Missouri state parks
Todd Vandewalker, MHA, CPRP
Mercy Clinic Physician Talent Selection
Office Phone: 417-820-3606 Fax: 417-820-7495
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website