Job Description & Requirements
Academic Abdominal Radiology Physician in California
The Department of Radiology at the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California seeks an outstanding faculty candidate to join the body imaging division to specifically support the Abdominal/Ultrasound subspecialty section. Candidates should have experience in conventional radiography, CT, MR, fluoroscopy, and ultrasound. Experience in basic ultrasound and CT-guided interventional body procedures (biopsies and drains) is preferred but not required. Rank will be appointed commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Radiology Department offers a rich clinical experience derived from the tremendous variety and complexity in pathology across all clinical practice sites
- Significant teaching opportunities are available with a large training program of 42 residents and 15 fellows
- Collegial and collaborative group that supports one another in clinic, research, and teaching
- Dedicated research infrastructure including a grants manager, study coordinators, and statistician support
- Ongoing research in all areas in a very collaborative and multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent work-life balance - Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm and shared call schedule
- Manageable clinical and call volumes and dedicated time for teaching and research (80% clinical / 20% academic)
- Excellent university benefits include tuition assistance for faculty, children, and spouses, relocation and housing assistance, eligibility for public student loan forgiveness, and 5 weeks of time off
Community Information Live and Work in Sun-Soaked Southern California
Los Angeles offers various activities and lifestyles perfect for families and individuals alike. With breathtaking scenery and iconic points of interest all around, you'll enjoy an incomparable quality of life in Southern California.
- Live downtown, near world-class beaches, or in community-oriented suburbs, including West Los Angeles, Irvine, Arcadia, Northridge, and Pasadena
- Some of the top public and private schools in the state
- Ideal weather and consistent sunshine year-round, allowing for an abundance of outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, camping, and plenty of beach activities
- Local family-friendly attractions, including Hollywood, Universal Studios, Disneyland, and Knott's Berry Farm
- A variety of collegiate and professional sports
- Convenient access to Orange County, San Diego, the mountains, Temecula Valley Wine Country, Joshua Tree, Yosemite, and much more
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nations leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Body Imaging Radiologists, Body Image Radiology, Whole Body Imaging, Radiology And Biomedical Imaging, Radiology Physician, Body Imaging, radiology,, radiology, radiologist
Apply on company website