Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Registered Respiratory Therapist Transport opening with Methodist Children's Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.Benefits
Methodist Children's Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Registered Respiratory Therapist Transport for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) on the NICU transport team you will identify, assess, stabilize and transport high-risk infant and/or high-risk OB patients. You will perform diagnostic procedures to evaluate the need for and response to respiratory therapy utilized. You will deliver critical care in the treatment of cardiopulmonary diseases. As a member of the patient focused care team you will be responsible for performing basic respiratory equipment maintenance, quality control measures and other administrative or technical tasks.
- You will initiate, monitor and maintain mechanically ventilated patients to include the administration of respiratory care treatments
- You will provide comprehensive respiratory care to critically ill infants or maternal patients in the transport environment
- You will assumes responsibility for knowing all transport standards of practice, policy and procedures
- In conjunction with the transport RN, you will be able to manage the care of transported infants
- You will maintain competency and train peers to perform in-house transports and attend to high-risk deliveries
- You will be responsible for setting up and operating various types of respiratory care equipment
- You will function as a respiratory care protocol assessor by delivering therapy and reassessing patients in a timely manner and maintaining proper and accurate documentation
- Associates degree in Respiratory Therapy from an American Medical Association accredited program
- 2 years' experience in a Level III NICU and general acute care hospital experience
- Registered Respiratory Therapist credential by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Current Texas Respiratory Care Practitioner license
- Current certification as Basic Life Support (BLS) provider
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Since opening in 1998 as the first and only hospital in San Antonio and South Texas designed and built just for children, Methodist Children's Hospital has set the standard for treating the children of South and Central Texas. The hospital has built a strong reputation for its outstanding pediatric services in many specialty areas including pediatric heart surgery, pulmonology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, newborn and pediatric intensive care, oncology and emergency services.
Our new tower is part of a landmark expansion that increased the footprint of the Methodist Hospital campus by 445,000 square feet. It includes 150 rooms and a dedicated children's imaging department with new, state-of-the art technology. The Level IV NICU, the region's largest with over 90 beds, has board-certified neonatologists in-house 24/7 to provide the highest level of neonatal care available. The hospital is among the nation's top three providers of blood and marrow stem cell and cord blood transplants for children and is the largest BMT program in San Antonio. In addition, Methodist Children's Hospital continues to be nationally recognized for the strongest quality record for patient safety. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Children's Hospital under Locations.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Respiratory Therapist Transport opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website