Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) RN System Resource Pool you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Healthcare System which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
Methodist Healthcare System, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Methodist Healthcare System!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Resource Nurse supports high quality, patient-centered care by offering feedback, guidance, and mentoring to new graduate nurses and/or nurses that are transitioning to a new specialty. The Resource Nurse supports multiple units. The Resource Nurse provides guidance and education on the hospital's standard of nursing practice, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with all accrediting and regulatory agency requirements.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
2. Experience: 2+ years' experience as a RN
3. Preferred: Master's Degree in Nursing, 1+ years' experience in a leadership role, 1+ years' experience as a preceptor
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
• Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of hire.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
• Preceptor Training within 90 days of hire.
• National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) within 30 days of hire.
• Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) within 90 days of hire.
• Business Emergency Response Training (BERT) within 90 days of hire.
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 12 months of hire.
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 12 months of hire.
Essential Job Functions:
• Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
• Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
• Documents observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to the RN/Team Leader.
• Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges. Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
• Provides or assists with non-medicated support care, including non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of heat or ice, oxygen delivery, and venous compression devices.
• Performs non-medicated support tasks, including oral suctioning, enema, catheterization and foley catheter removal, drain maintenance, and basic wound care. Increases variety and difficulty of tasks as competency is verified through nursing program.
• Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and timely transfer of specimen.
• Retrieves medication from pharmacy, storage room, or tube system and delivers to licensed staff member as instructed.
• Assists with patient preparation for surgery or other procedure.
• Assists patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
• Performs hourly rounding and responds promptly to call lights and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
• Follows patient and employee safety/security policies and protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions, use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation procedures.
• Prepares and maintains clean, hazard-free patient rooms. Empties trash and removes soiled linens.
• Assists with patient/family/caregiver learning needs, abilities and readiness to learn. Identifies barriers to learning, such as language or culture. Integrates this information into the patient's plan of care.
• Translates complex medical terminology to ensure patients/families/caregivers understand patient medical condition, patient status, treatment plan, medications and possible side effects, and follow-up measures.
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleledresources and opportunitiesto reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education andcareer advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to ourExecutive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our RN System Resource Pool opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team.We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website